Green Gnocchi Sardi with Rocket PestoBen O'Donoghue
- 320g semolina plus a little extra
- 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 20g pine nuts
- 50g wild rocket
- 25g parmesan plus a little extra
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To make the gnocchi sardi first blanch the greens in boiling salted water until soft. The time will differ depending on what green you use. Once cooked refresh and then squeeze as much moisture out as possible.
- Pop the blanched greens, semolina, a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until the greens have been totally chopped into the semolina. Add a quarter cup of warm water and continue to blitz until the mixture comes together into a dough (you may need another quarter cup of water). Allow to rest for at least 20 minutes wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Divide the rested dough into four pieces keeping the pieces not in use wrapped in cling film. Use your hands to roll the first quarter into a long sausage shape until it’s about 1cm in diameter and then use a knife to cut them into 1cm lengths. Roll the little pieces of dough across the gnocchi paddle or you can use a fork to do the same job. Dust a board or plate with semolina and rest the finished gnocchi on the semolina while you complete the remainder of the dough.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil for the gnocchi sardi.
- To make the pesto pop the garlic and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a couple of times before adding the pine nuts, pulse a couple more times then add the rocket and olive oil and continue to pulse until you have a pesto consistency. Taste for seasoning, add the lemon juice and the parmesan and pulse to combine. Transfer the pesto to a bowl large enough to hold the gnocchi.
- Lift the gnocchi out of the semolina and plunge them into the boiling salted water and cook until they rise to the top. Once cooked remove with a slotted spoon and add to the pesto. Carefully toss to combine and serve right away with some freshly grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...