Green Tomato Salad and Anchovy ToastElena Duggan
- 1kg Green tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh baby basil, leaves only, reserve some
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only, reserve some
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only, reserve some
- 100g soft feta, crumbled
- 1tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 2 medium bread rolls, gluten free optional
- 100g fresh or lightly oiled / cured anchovies
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 French shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Optional Honey or Stevia to taste
- Feta can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Use garlic and lemon toast instead of anchovies.
- Preheat grill oven to 180° Celsius.
- Cut tomatoes into a combination of slices, wedges and unusual shapes.
- Toss shallots through vinegar along with salt and pepper and allow sitting and softening for 15minutes.
- Add olive oil herbs and tomatoes to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Crumble the feta over the salad and garnish with reserved herbs.
- Slice bread rolls and place anchovies, some of their oil and sprinkle the lemon zest evenly across the bread. Flatten out with the back of a knife so the anchovies are really a part of the toast. Grill on a lined tray for 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy and serve immediately alongside salad.
- Gluten free, optional
- Grain free, optional
- Nut free
- Vegan option, optional
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...