Green Tomato Salad and Anchovy ToastElena Duggan
- 1kg Green tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh baby basil, leaves only, reserve some
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only, reserve some
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only, reserve some
- 100g soft feta, crumbled
- 1tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 2 medium bread rolls, gluten free optional
- 100g fresh or lightly oiled / cured anchovies
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 French shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Optional Honey or Stevia to taste
- Feta can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Use garlic and lemon toast instead of anchovies.
- Preheat grill oven to 180° Celsius.
- Cut tomatoes into a combination of slices, wedges and unusual shapes.
- Toss shallots through vinegar along with salt and pepper and allow sitting and softening for 15minutes.
- Add olive oil herbs and tomatoes to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Crumble the feta over the salad and garnish with reserved herbs.
- Slice bread rolls and place anchovies, some of their oil and sprinkle the lemon zest evenly across the bread. Flatten out with the back of a knife so the anchovies are really a part of the toast. Grill on a lined tray for 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy and serve immediately alongside salad.
- Gluten free, optional
- Grain free, optional
- Nut free
- Vegan option, optional
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...