Green Tomato Salad and Anchovy ToastElena Duggan
- 1kg Green tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh baby basil, leaves only, reserve some
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only, reserve some
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only, reserve some
- 100g soft feta, crumbled
- 1tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 2 medium bread rolls, gluten free optional
- 100g fresh or lightly oiled / cured anchovies
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 French shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Optional Honey or Stevia to taste
- Feta can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Use garlic and lemon toast instead of anchovies.
- Preheat grill oven to 180° Celsius.
- Cut tomatoes into a combination of slices, wedges and unusual shapes.
- Toss shallots through vinegar along with salt and pepper and allow sitting and softening for 15minutes.
- Add olive oil herbs and tomatoes to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Crumble the feta over the salad and garnish with reserved herbs.
- Slice bread rolls and place anchovies, some of their oil and sprinkle the lemon zest evenly across the bread. Flatten out with the back of a knife so the anchovies are really a part of the toast. Grill on a lined tray for 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy and serve immediately alongside salad.
- Gluten free, optional
- Grain free, optional
- Nut free
- Vegan option, optional
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...