Green Tomato Salad and Anchovy ToastElena Duggan
- 1kg Green tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh baby basil, leaves only, reserve some
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only, reserve some
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only, reserve some
- 100g soft feta, crumbled
- 1tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 2 medium bread rolls, gluten free optional
- 100g fresh or lightly oiled / cured anchovies
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 French shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Optional Honey or Stevia to taste
- Feta can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Use garlic and lemon toast instead of anchovies.
- Preheat grill oven to 180° Celsius.
- Cut tomatoes into a combination of slices, wedges and unusual shapes.
- Toss shallots through vinegar along with salt and pepper and allow sitting and softening for 15minutes.
- Add olive oil herbs and tomatoes to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Crumble the feta over the salad and garnish with reserved herbs.
- Slice bread rolls and place anchovies, some of their oil and sprinkle the lemon zest evenly across the bread. Flatten out with the back of a knife so the anchovies are really a part of the toast. Grill on a lined tray for 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy and serve immediately alongside salad.
- Gluten free, optional
- Grain free, optional
- Nut free
- Vegan option, optional
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...