Green Tomato Salad and Anchovy ToastElena Duggan
- 1kg Green tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh baby basil, leaves only, reserve some
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only, reserve some
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only, reserve some
- 100g soft feta, crumbled
- 1tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 2 medium bread rolls, gluten free optional
- 100g fresh or lightly oiled / cured anchovies
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 French shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Optional Honey or Stevia to taste
- Feta can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Use garlic and lemon toast instead of anchovies.
- Preheat grill oven to 180° Celsius.
- Cut tomatoes into a combination of slices, wedges and unusual shapes.
- Toss shallots through vinegar along with salt and pepper and allow sitting and softening for 15minutes.
- Add olive oil herbs and tomatoes to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Crumble the feta over the salad and garnish with reserved herbs.
- Slice bread rolls and place anchovies, some of their oil and sprinkle the lemon zest evenly across the bread. Flatten out with the back of a knife so the anchovies are really a part of the toast. Grill on a lined tray for 5 minutes or until golden and crunchy and serve immediately alongside salad.
- Gluten free, optional
- Grain free, optional
- Nut free
- Vegan option, optional
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...