Grilled Lemongrass and Ginger BeefElena Duggan
- 2 x 250g sirloin steaks, or your favourite thick steak cut
- 2 Lemongrass stalks, soft interior of lower half, finely diced/ crushed
- 2 thumbs of ginger, finely diced/ crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g Peanut oil
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 25g Stevia
- 25g Tamari (gluten free soy sauce alternative)
- 2 lge Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, skinned, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 50g mixed Asian herbs – mint, Vietnamese mint, Thai basil, perilla, extra for garnish
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 10g Stevia
- 25g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 1 Long red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large flat dish. Marinate your steaks for 1-24 hours ahead of cooking, airtight in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and bring back to room temperature at 30-45 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your outdoor barbecue or grill to high.
- Place steaks on grill on an angle to ensure presentation grill marks at the end will form a cross pattern. Cook on first side for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and place on a diagonal, and cook for 1 further minute, and repeat on other side. Rest for 4-5 minutes covered under aluminum foil before cutting in a diagonal against the grain.
- While the meat is cooking and resting, prepare the salad dressing by mixing in a jug. Stir thoroughly to dissolved stevia and immerse chill, to soften.
- Toss cucumbers through dressing and place on a flat platter. Sprinkle over mixed herbs.
- Place cut steak pieces along or around the edge of the salad, serve while still warm.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...