Grilled Lemongrass and Ginger BeefElena Duggan
- 2 x 250g sirloin steaks, or your favourite thick steak cut
- 2 Lemongrass stalks, soft interior of lower half, finely diced/ crushed
- 2 thumbs of ginger, finely diced/ crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g Peanut oil
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 25g Stevia
- 25g Tamari (gluten free soy sauce alternative)
- 2 lge Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, skinned, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 50g mixed Asian herbs – mint, Vietnamese mint, Thai basil, perilla, extra for garnish
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 10g Stevia
- 25g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 1 Long red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large flat dish. Marinate your steaks for 1-24 hours ahead of cooking, airtight in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and bring back to room temperature at 30-45 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your outdoor barbecue or grill to high.
- Place steaks on grill on an angle to ensure presentation grill marks at the end will form a cross pattern. Cook on first side for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and place on a diagonal, and cook for 1 further minute, and repeat on other side. Rest for 4-5 minutes covered under aluminum foil before cutting in a diagonal against the grain.
- While the meat is cooking and resting, prepare the salad dressing by mixing in a jug. Stir thoroughly to dissolved stevia and immerse chill, to soften.
- Toss cucumbers through dressing and place on a flat platter. Sprinkle over mixed herbs.
- Place cut steak pieces along or around the edge of the salad, serve while still warm.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...