Grilled Lemongrass and Ginger BeefElena Duggan
- 2 x 250g sirloin steaks, or your favourite thick steak cut
- 2 Lemongrass stalks, soft interior of lower half, finely diced/ crushed
- 2 thumbs of ginger, finely diced/ crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g Peanut oil
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 25g Stevia
- 25g Tamari (gluten free soy sauce alternative)
- 2 lge Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, skinned, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 50g mixed Asian herbs – mint, Vietnamese mint, Thai basil, perilla, extra for garnish
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 10g Stevia
- 25g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 1 Long red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large flat dish. Marinate your steaks for 1-24 hours ahead of cooking, airtight in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and bring back to room temperature at 30-45 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your outdoor barbecue or grill to high.
- Place steaks on grill on an angle to ensure presentation grill marks at the end will form a cross pattern. Cook on first side for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and place on a diagonal, and cook for 1 further minute, and repeat on other side. Rest for 4-5 minutes covered under aluminum foil before cutting in a diagonal against the grain.
- While the meat is cooking and resting, prepare the salad dressing by mixing in a jug. Stir thoroughly to dissolved stevia and immerse chill, to soften.
- Toss cucumbers through dressing and place on a flat platter. Sprinkle over mixed herbs.
- Place cut steak pieces along or around the edge of the salad, serve while still warm.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...