Grilled Lemongrass and Ginger BeefElena Duggan
- 2 x 250g sirloin steaks, or your favourite thick steak cut
- 2 Lemongrass stalks, soft interior of lower half, finely diced/ crushed
- 2 thumbs of ginger, finely diced/ crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g Peanut oil
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 25g Stevia
- 25g Tamari (gluten free soy sauce alternative)
- 2 lge Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, skinned, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 50g mixed Asian herbs – mint, Vietnamese mint, Thai basil, perilla, extra for garnish
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 10g Stevia
- 25g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 1 Long red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large flat dish. Marinate your steaks for 1-24 hours ahead of cooking, airtight in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and bring back to room temperature at 30-45 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your outdoor barbecue or grill to high.
- Place steaks on grill on an angle to ensure presentation grill marks at the end will form a cross pattern. Cook on first side for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and place on a diagonal, and cook for 1 further minute, and repeat on other side. Rest for 4-5 minutes covered under aluminum foil before cutting in a diagonal against the grain.
- While the meat is cooking and resting, prepare the salad dressing by mixing in a jug. Stir thoroughly to dissolved stevia and immerse chill, to soften.
- Toss cucumbers through dressing and place on a flat platter. Sprinkle over mixed herbs.
- Place cut steak pieces along or around the edge of the salad, serve while still warm.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...