Grilled Lemongrass and Ginger BeefElena Duggan
- 2 x 250g sirloin steaks, or your favourite thick steak cut
- 2 Lemongrass stalks, soft interior of lower half, finely diced/ crushed
- 2 thumbs of ginger, finely diced/ crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g Peanut oil
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 25g Stevia
- 25g Tamari (gluten free soy sauce alternative)
- 2 lge Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, skinned, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 50g mixed Asian herbs – mint, Vietnamese mint, Thai basil, perilla, extra for garnish
- 25g Yeo’s Sesame oil
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 10g Stevia
- 25g Squid Brand Fish sauce
- 1 Long red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large flat dish. Marinate your steaks for 1-24 hours ahead of cooking, airtight in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and bring back to room temperature at 30-45 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your outdoor barbecue or grill to high.
- Place steaks on grill on an angle to ensure presentation grill marks at the end will form a cross pattern. Cook on first side for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and place on a diagonal, and cook for 1 further minute, and repeat on other side. Rest for 4-5 minutes covered under aluminum foil before cutting in a diagonal against the grain.
- While the meat is cooking and resting, prepare the salad dressing by mixing in a jug. Stir thoroughly to dissolved stevia and immerse chill, to soften.
- Toss cucumbers through dressing and place on a flat platter. Sprinkle over mixed herbs.
- Place cut steak pieces along or around the edge of the salad, serve while still warm.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off corn/ corn chips)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...