Home Made Peaches and Thyme SyrupTobie Puttock
Makes a small jar of syrup
- 500g fresh or frozen peaches
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 100ml fresh water
- 80g coconut or raw sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all of the syrup ingredients into a saucepan over a medium heat and cook stirring from time to time.
- Once the sugar dissolves, place a lid slightly askew and allow the peaches to cook for 20-30 minutes until the peaches are soft and the liquid is syrupy.
- Remove the thyme sprigs from the pot and pour the remaining ingredients, strain the puree through a sieve into a sterilised jar. Keep in the fridge for unto 2 weeks.
- To assemble, spoon some of the syrup into a serving glass and top with sparkling water.
I first bought a soda stream some time ago to reduce the amount of plastic bottle we needed to recycle. I quickly started making my own syrups at home, often with ingredients I had an abundance of and by doing this I can give a whole new life to these ingredients.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...