Homemade PaneerMatt Sinclair
- 1 Litre full cream milk
- 1-1.5 Tbsp white vinegar
- Prepare a muslin cloth or chux over a bowl.
- Place milk into a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Bring the milk up to a light simmer, stirring often to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the heat and slowly add the vinegar a little at a time. When the milk begins to curdle (whey separating) stop adding the vinegar and allow the milk to sit for about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain the curdled milk into the cheesecloth or chux and rinse the cheese gently with cold water to remove the acidity. Bring the sides of the cheesecloth up and gently squeeze as much of the excess water out as you can.
- Place the cheesecloth on a flat plate or surface and flatten the cheese out a little. Cover with a plate or tray and place something heavy on top such as a mortar and pestle. This will allow the cheese to set harder. Leave undisturbed for 1 to 2 hours. Once the paneer is set, remove it carefully from the cheesecloth and cut into cubes ready for use. Cover and refrigerate.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...