Vietnamese Rice Paper RollsLaura Sharrad & Mod
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 packet rice paper
- 150g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch garlic chives
- 1⁄4 iceberg lettuce (finely shredded)
- 1 large carrot (thinly julienned)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers (cut into batons)
- Roasted peanuts (crushed)
- 3-4 tbsp coconut milk
- Cooked prawns
- Fried tofu
- 6 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6-7 tbsp lemon/lime juice
- 6-7 tbsp water
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1-3 chillies
- Place noodles in boiling water for about 3 mins. Loosen up noodles with tongs. Drain well and setaside.
- Place warm water in a large bowl and stir through the coconut milk. Dip the rice paper in warmwater and remove immediately. Place rice paper on a clean chopping board or plate.
- Layer the tofu or meat, lettuce, cucumber, herbs, carrot, cucumber and vermicelli at the end ofthe rice paper closest to you, bring the end of rice paper over ingredients, then fold the twosides of the rice paper into the middle to enclose the fillings and roll up the rice paper roll tightly.
- To make the sauce, place garlic, chillies and sugar in a mortar. Pound mixture into a paste. Addfish sauce, lemon/lime juice and water. Mix until the sugar is dissolved. Taste and adjustseasoning to your preference.
- Serve rice paper rolls with dipping sauce and crushed peanuts.