J.C’s Ancient Grain SaladLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods
- 500g premium soup mix, cooked
- 60g slivered almonds, roasted
- 60g chopped walnuts, roasted
- 60g pepitas, roasted
- 90g sultanas
- 45ml white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ½ roasted shallots
- 1 Pomegranate, deseeded
- Boil grains for 25 mins or until tender. Drain and then rinse in cold water and then drain again and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine chives, parsley, vinegar, olive, dill, pistachios, salt and pepper into a blender to blitz together to make the dressing. Add in walnuts, almonds, pepitas, pomegranate seeds, sultanas in with cooked grains and mix.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the salad and mix one last time.
- Ready to serve.