Ketchup Tomato SauceElena Duggan
- 750g Tomatoes, fresh, diced (Passata can be used as an alternative)
- 150g White onion, fresh, finely diced
- 50g Apple cider vinegar
- 50g Stevia / Monk fruit
- 10g Garlic powder
- 10g Onion powder
- 10g Murray River salt
- 5g White pepper, ground
- 2.5g Xantham gum, if a better holding sauce is desired
- 15g Italian herb mix
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by a third.
- Allow liquid to cool.
- Optional step, sieve ingredients to reduce texture of seeds. Blitz passed liquid in a high-speed blender.
- Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar and refrigerate up to four weeks.
- Use as a flavour base when marinating meat or as an accompaniment to many dishes, burgers, chips, eggs, etc.
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
- Nut free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...