Lamb ShanksElena Duggan & Khanh Ong
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic light crushed
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 allspice berries crushed
- 5 cloves crushed
- 1 carrot halved and then cut into big chunks
- 1 potato cut to the same size as the carrots
- 2 stalks of celery cut into chunks
- 1 parsnip cored and but into chunks
- 250ml of dry white wine
- 500ml of reduced salt beef stock
- 50g farro
- Crusty loaf of sourdough uncut
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Coat shanks with salt and in a deep casserole dish with a heavy bottom brown the
- Shanks for 1-2 minutes with EVOO each side and remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaves soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots, potato, celery and parsnip, cook for 10 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Return lamb shanks and deglaze with wine and stock.
- Reduce liquid by 1⁄4 then add farro.
- Cover and place into the oven for 1 and 15 minutes.
- Take the cover off and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...