Lamb ShanksElena Duggan & Khanh Ong
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic light crushed
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 allspice berries crushed
- 5 cloves crushed
- 1 carrot halved and then cut into big chunks
- 1 potato cut to the same size as the carrots
- 2 stalks of celery cut into chunks
- 1 parsnip cored and but into chunks
- 250ml of dry white wine
- 500ml of reduced salt beef stock
- 50g farro
- Crusty loaf of sourdough uncut
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Coat shanks with salt and in a deep casserole dish with a heavy bottom brown the
- Shanks for 1-2 minutes with EVOO each side and remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaves soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots, potato, celery and parsnip, cook for 10 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Return lamb shanks and deglaze with wine and stock.
- Reduce liquid by 1⁄4 then add farro.
- Cover and place into the oven for 1 and 15 minutes.
- Take the cover off and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...