Lamb ShanksElena Duggan & Khanh Ong
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic light crushed
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 allspice berries crushed
- 5 cloves crushed
- 1 carrot halved and then cut into big chunks
- 1 potato cut to the same size as the carrots
- 2 stalks of celery cut into chunks
- 1 parsnip cored and but into chunks
- 250ml of dry white wine
- 500ml of reduced salt beef stock
- 50g farro
- Crusty loaf of sourdough uncut
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Coat shanks with salt and in a deep casserole dish with a heavy bottom brown the
- Shanks for 1-2 minutes with EVOO each side and remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaves soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots, potato, celery and parsnip, cook for 10 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Return lamb shanks and deglaze with wine and stock.
- Reduce liquid by 1⁄4 then add farro.
- Cover and place into the oven for 1 and 15 minutes.
- Take the cover off and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...