Lamb ShanksElena Duggan & Khanh Ong
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic light crushed
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 allspice berries crushed
- 5 cloves crushed
- 1 carrot halved and then cut into big chunks
- 1 potato cut to the same size as the carrots
- 2 stalks of celery cut into chunks
- 1 parsnip cored and but into chunks
- 250ml of dry white wine
- 500ml of reduced salt beef stock
- 50g farro
- Crusty loaf of sourdough uncut
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Coat shanks with salt and in a deep casserole dish with a heavy bottom brown the
- Shanks for 1-2 minutes with EVOO each side and remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaves soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots, potato, celery and parsnip, cook for 10 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Return lamb shanks and deglaze with wine and stock.
- Reduce liquid by 1⁄4 then add farro.
- Cover and place into the oven for 1 and 15 minutes.
- Take the cover off and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...