Lamb ShanksElena Duggan & Khanh Ong
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic light crushed
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 allspice berries crushed
- 5 cloves crushed
- 1 carrot halved and then cut into big chunks
- 1 potato cut to the same size as the carrots
- 2 stalks of celery cut into chunks
- 1 parsnip cored and but into chunks
- 250ml of dry white wine
- 500ml of reduced salt beef stock
- 50g farro
- Crusty loaf of sourdough uncut
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Coat shanks with salt and in a deep casserole dish with a heavy bottom brown the
- Shanks for 1-2 minutes with EVOO each side and remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, bay leaves soften for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrots, potato, celery and parsnip, cook for 10 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Return lamb shanks and deglaze with wine and stock.
- Reduce liquid by 1⁄4 then add farro.
- Cover and place into the oven for 1 and 15 minutes.
- Take the cover off and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...