- 1 lamb shoulder, boneless 900-1300g
- 6 French shallots, roughly chopped
- 25g / 1bunch chopped sage
- 25g / 1bunch chopped thyme
- 2 Lemons, zest only, reserve juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50g EVOO
- 6 Lebanese eggplant
- 6 Zucchini
- 1lge red onion, finely diced
- 2lge tomatoes, finely diced
- 25g capers, losely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g EVOO
- 75g red wine vinegar
- Preheat the barbecue to high (or Griddle Pan)
- Prepare the marinade minimum 20 minutes, but up to 24 hours ahead of time is fine, either in a mortar and pestle or food processor, blitz the shallots, sage, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and slowly drizzle in the EVOO until well combined. Spread evenly all over the lamb on all sides, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Slice eggplant and zucchini in halves or strips, brush with olive oil and season, set aside for cooking.
- Place lamb shoulder on barbecue, flipping twice throughout cooking (approx. 30 minutes) until internal temperature is 65º Celsius for medium rare. Allow meat to rest for ten minutes before carving.
- Whilst meat is resting, cook the vegetables over the barbecue, flipping once. When softened through and grill marks are visible, pile them onto a platter or board.
- Whilst vegetables are cooking, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside to serve.
- Carve lamb into 1cm slices, place on top of vegetables and dress all, generously.
- Serve with yoghurt flatbread to fold and eat – no utensils necessary.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Durif or Durif.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Nut free
- Zero refined sugar/ low fructose
- Paleo friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...