- 1 lamb shoulder, boneless 900-1300g
- 6 French shallots, roughly chopped
- 25g / 1bunch chopped sage
- 25g / 1bunch chopped thyme
- 2 Lemons, zest only, reserve juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50g EVOO
- 6 Lebanese eggplant
- 6 Zucchini
- 1lge red onion, finely diced
- 2lge tomatoes, finely diced
- 25g capers, losely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g EVOO
- 75g red wine vinegar
- Preheat the barbecue to high (or Griddle Pan)
- Prepare the marinade minimum 20 minutes, but up to 24 hours ahead of time is fine, either in a mortar and pestle or food processor, blitz the shallots, sage, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and slowly drizzle in the EVOO until well combined. Spread evenly all over the lamb on all sides, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Slice eggplant and zucchini in halves or strips, brush with olive oil and season, set aside for cooking.
- Place lamb shoulder on barbecue, flipping twice throughout cooking (approx. 30 minutes) until internal temperature is 65º Celsius for medium rare. Allow meat to rest for ten minutes before carving.
- Whilst meat is resting, cook the vegetables over the barbecue, flipping once. When softened through and grill marks are visible, pile them onto a platter or board.
- Whilst vegetables are cooking, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside to serve.
- Carve lamb into 1cm slices, place on top of vegetables and dress all, generously.
- Serve with yoghurt flatbread to fold and eat – no utensils necessary.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Durif or Durif.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Nut free
- Zero refined sugar/ low fructose
- Paleo friendly
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...