- 1 lamb shoulder, boneless 900-1300g
- 6 French shallots, roughly chopped
- 25g / 1bunch chopped sage
- 25g / 1bunch chopped thyme
- 2 Lemons, zest only, reserve juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50g EVOO
- 6 Lebanese eggplant
- 6 Zucchini
- 1lge red onion, finely diced
- 2lge tomatoes, finely diced
- 25g capers, losely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g EVOO
- 75g red wine vinegar
- Preheat the barbecue to high (or Griddle Pan)
- Prepare the marinade minimum 20 minutes, but up to 24 hours ahead of time is fine, either in a mortar and pestle or food processor, blitz the shallots, sage, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and slowly drizzle in the EVOO until well combined. Spread evenly all over the lamb on all sides, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Slice eggplant and zucchini in halves or strips, brush with olive oil and season, set aside for cooking.
- Place lamb shoulder on barbecue, flipping twice throughout cooking (approx. 30 minutes) until internal temperature is 65º Celsius for medium rare. Allow meat to rest for ten minutes before carving.
- Whilst meat is resting, cook the vegetables over the barbecue, flipping once. When softened through and grill marks are visible, pile them onto a platter or board.
- Whilst vegetables are cooking, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside to serve.
- Carve lamb into 1cm slices, place on top of vegetables and dress all, generously.
- Serve with yoghurt flatbread to fold and eat – no utensils necessary.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Durif or Durif.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Nut free
- Zero refined sugar/ low fructose
- Paleo friendly
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...