- 1 lamb shoulder, boneless 900-1300g
- 6 French shallots, roughly chopped
- 25g / 1bunch chopped sage
- 25g / 1bunch chopped thyme
- 2 Lemons, zest only, reserve juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50g EVOO
- 6 Lebanese eggplant
- 6 Zucchini
- 1lge red onion, finely diced
- 2lge tomatoes, finely diced
- 25g capers, losely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g EVOO
- 75g red wine vinegar
- Preheat the barbecue to high (or Griddle Pan)
- Prepare the marinade minimum 20 minutes, but up to 24 hours ahead of time is fine, either in a mortar and pestle or food processor, blitz the shallots, sage, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and slowly drizzle in the EVOO until well combined. Spread evenly all over the lamb on all sides, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Slice eggplant and zucchini in halves or strips, brush with olive oil and season, set aside for cooking.
- Place lamb shoulder on barbecue, flipping twice throughout cooking (approx. 30 minutes) until internal temperature is 65º Celsius for medium rare. Allow meat to rest for ten minutes before carving.
- Whilst meat is resting, cook the vegetables over the barbecue, flipping once. When softened through and grill marks are visible, pile them onto a platter or board.
- Whilst vegetables are cooking, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside to serve.
- Carve lamb into 1cm slices, place on top of vegetables and dress all, generously.
- Serve with yoghurt flatbread to fold and eat – no utensils necessary.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Durif or Durif.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Nut free
- Zero refined sugar/ low fructose
- Paleo friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...