- 1 lamb shoulder, boneless 900-1300g
- 6 French shallots, roughly chopped
- 25g / 1bunch chopped sage
- 25g / 1bunch chopped thyme
- 2 Lemons, zest only, reserve juice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50g EVOO
- 6 Lebanese eggplant
- 6 Zucchini
- 1lge red onion, finely diced
- 2lge tomatoes, finely diced
- 25g capers, losely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch basil, leaves only, finely chopped
- 1bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 100g EVOO
- 75g red wine vinegar
- Preheat the barbecue to high (or Griddle Pan)
- Prepare the marinade minimum 20 minutes, but up to 24 hours ahead of time is fine, either in a mortar and pestle or food processor, blitz the shallots, sage, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and slowly drizzle in the EVOO until well combined. Spread evenly all over the lamb on all sides, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Slice eggplant and zucchini in halves or strips, brush with olive oil and season, set aside for cooking.
- Place lamb shoulder on barbecue, flipping twice throughout cooking (approx. 30 minutes) until internal temperature is 65º Celsius for medium rare. Allow meat to rest for ten minutes before carving.
- Whilst meat is resting, cook the vegetables over the barbecue, flipping once. When softened through and grill marks are visible, pile them onto a platter or board.
- Whilst vegetables are cooking, combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside to serve.
- Carve lamb into 1cm slices, place on top of vegetables and dress all, generously.
- Serve with yoghurt flatbread to fold and eat – no utensils necessary.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Shiraz Durif or Durif.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Nut free
- Zero refined sugar/ low fructose
- Paleo friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...