Lemon Yoghurt CakeElena Duggan
- EVOO for greasing cake tin
- 3 lge Eggs
- 100g Honey
- 1 Vanilla bean, seeds only, or 1tsp vanilla paste
- 2lge Lemons, finely zested and juice (yield approx. 75g)
- 300g Almond meal
- 100g Desiccated coconut
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 300g Jalna Greek yoghurt (or thick coconut yoghurt for dairy free)
- 100g EVOO
- Pinch salt
- 2lge Lemons, strip zested and juice (yield approx. 75g)
- 60g honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius. Line the base of a 20cm cake tin, not spring form as it may leak, with baking paper, and grease the sides with butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla and honey with an electric mixer until fluffy, before adding lemon zest and juice and continue to beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add almond meal, baking powder, yoghurt, coconut and EVOO to bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the lined cake tin and place it into a baking dish with water half way up the sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. If you notice your oven has a hot spot or cake is browning unevenly turn it around at this point.
- Cook for another 25-30minutes at 180° Celsius, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let sit at room temperature.
- Place lemon juice, zest, honey, and water into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat for 5 mins.
- Poke holes all over cake and pour half the hot syrup over the cake, reserve zest.
- Allow cake to sit with syrup for up to 30 minutes.
- Turn out, upside onto serving platter. Serve with remaining zest and syrup.
- Serve with additional yoghurt or cream as desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...