Lemon Yoghurt CakeElena Duggan
- EVOO for greasing cake tin
- 3 lge Eggs
- 100g Honey
- 1 Vanilla bean, seeds only, or 1tsp vanilla paste
- 2lge Lemons, finely zested and juice (yield approx. 75g)
- 300g Almond meal
- 100g Desiccated coconut
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 300g Jalna Greek yoghurt (or thick coconut yoghurt for dairy free)
- 100g EVOO
- Pinch salt
- 2lge Lemons, strip zested and juice (yield approx. 75g)
- 60g honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 160° Celsius. Line the base of a 20cm cake tin, not spring form as it may leak, with baking paper, and grease the sides with butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla and honey with an electric mixer until fluffy, before adding lemon zest and juice and continue to beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add almond meal, baking powder, yoghurt, coconut and EVOO to bowl, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the lined cake tin and place it into a baking dish with water half way up the sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. If you notice your oven has a hot spot or cake is browning unevenly turn it around at this point.
- Cook for another 25-30minutes at 180° Celsius, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and let sit at room temperature.
- Place lemon juice, zest, honey, and water into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat for 5 mins.
- Poke holes all over cake and pour half the hot syrup over the cake, reserve zest.
- Allow cake to sit with syrup for up to 30 minutes.
- Turn out, upside onto serving platter. Serve with remaining zest and syrup.
- Serve with additional yoghurt or cream as desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...