- 150g Xylitol
- 1 Vanilla bean, seeds and pod
- 750g Whole milk
- 250g Whole cream
- 85g Cornstarch/ fine cornflour Gluten Free
- 25g Rosewater
- 100g Raspberries
- 150g Pomegranate juice
- 25g Rosewater
- 50g Xylitol
- 50g Blanched pistachios, sliced
- 25g Desiccated coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk approximately 150g of milk with the cornstarch, rose water, and vanilla seeds until the cornstarch dissolves and set aside.
- Bring remaining milk, cream, vanilla bean and xylitol to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove vanilla bean pod
- Lower the heat, pour in the dissolved cornstarch mixture and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the stove and pour into serving dishes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow cooling to room temperature before refrigeration for a minimum of 4 hours, but overnight is also fine.
- While the malabi is setting, prepare the syrup by placing raspberries, pomegranate juice, rosewater and xylitol to a gently simmer in a small pot. Simmer until berries are collapsed and xylitol is dissolved. Strain solids, so only syrup remains, allow cooling before serving.
- Serve topped with the chopped pistachios, coconut and syrup, if desired.
- Gluten free
- Zero refined sugar
- Nut free, optional – do not serve with pistachios
Ingredients: Makes 12 200g fresh or dried pitted dates, roughly chopped 300ml boiling water 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 150g (2/3 cup) sugar 50g butter 2 eggs 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract 170g plain (all-purpose) flour 2 teaspoons baking powder...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 2 passionfruit 1 lime, halved 1 tablespoon coconut sugar Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Distribute the brown sugar and lime juice between your serving glasses along with the pulp of a passionfruit per glass. Fill the glass with ice and...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...