- 150g Xylitol
- 1 Vanilla bean, seeds and pod
- 750g Whole milk
- 250g Whole cream
- 85g Cornstarch/ fine cornflour Gluten Free
- 25g Rosewater
- 100g Raspberries
- 150g Pomegranate juice
- 25g Rosewater
- 50g Xylitol
- 50g Blanched pistachios, sliced
- 25g Desiccated coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk approximately 150g of milk with the cornstarch, rose water, and vanilla seeds until the cornstarch dissolves and set aside.
- Bring remaining milk, cream, vanilla bean and xylitol to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove vanilla bean pod
- Lower the heat, pour in the dissolved cornstarch mixture and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the stove and pour into serving dishes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow cooling to room temperature before refrigeration for a minimum of 4 hours, but overnight is also fine.
- While the malabi is setting, prepare the syrup by placing raspberries, pomegranate juice, rosewater and xylitol to a gently simmer in a small pot. Simmer until berries are collapsed and xylitol is dissolved. Strain solids, so only syrup remains, allow cooling before serving.
- Serve topped with the chopped pistachios, coconut and syrup, if desired.
- Gluten free
- Zero refined sugar
- Nut free, optional – do not serve with pistachios
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...