- 150g Xylitol
- 1 Vanilla bean, seeds and pod
- 750g Whole milk
- 250g Whole cream
- 85g Cornstarch/ fine cornflour Gluten Free
- 25g Rosewater
- 100g Raspberries
- 150g Pomegranate juice
- 25g Rosewater
- 50g Xylitol
- 50g Blanched pistachios, sliced
- 25g Desiccated coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk approximately 150g of milk with the cornstarch, rose water, and vanilla seeds until the cornstarch dissolves and set aside.
- Bring remaining milk, cream, vanilla bean and xylitol to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove vanilla bean pod
- Lower the heat, pour in the dissolved cornstarch mixture and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the stove and pour into serving dishes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow cooling to room temperature before refrigeration for a minimum of 4 hours, but overnight is also fine.
- While the malabi is setting, prepare the syrup by placing raspberries, pomegranate juice, rosewater and xylitol to a gently simmer in a small pot. Simmer until berries are collapsed and xylitol is dissolved. Strain solids, so only syrup remains, allow cooling before serving.
- Serve topped with the chopped pistachios, coconut and syrup, if desired.
- Gluten free
- Zero refined sugar
- Nut free, optional – do not serve with pistachios
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...
Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) plain flour 3 tsp baking powder 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 ripe bananas 1 egg 1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 1 tsp ground cinnamon 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush 100g dark chocolate, chopped Golden syrup,...
Ingredients:Ingredients for the cookie dough 90g unsalted butter 80g soft light brown sugar 75g caster sugar 1tsp salt ½ tsp bicarbonate soda, sieved 1 eggs, whole 160g plain flour, sieved 100g milk chocolate buttons or block chopped 50g dark chocolate buttons or...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: Olive oil, for greasing 75g shelled pistachios 100g mixed seeds 250g rolled oats 8 Medjool dates 100g dried apricots 50g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100ml maple syrup 4...
Ingredients: 200g butter, softened 200g caster sugar 4 eggs 200g self raising flour 8 sticks of rhubarb 1 orange Crumble 100g plain flour ½ tsp ginger cinnamon 50g butter, diced 50g brown sugar To serve 300ml double cream whipped 2 tbsp ginger syrup Method: Preheat...