- 150g Xylitol
- 1 Vanilla bean, seeds and pod
- 750g Whole milk
- 250g Whole cream
- 85g Cornstarch/ fine cornflour Gluten Free
- 25g Rosewater
- 100g Raspberries
- 150g Pomegranate juice
- 25g Rosewater
- 50g Xylitol
- 50g Blanched pistachios, sliced
- 25g Desiccated coconut
- In a medium bowl, whisk approximately 150g of milk with the cornstarch, rose water, and vanilla seeds until the cornstarch dissolves and set aside.
- Bring remaining milk, cream, vanilla bean and xylitol to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly. Remove vanilla bean pod
- Lower the heat, pour in the dissolved cornstarch mixture and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the stove and pour into serving dishes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow cooling to room temperature before refrigeration for a minimum of 4 hours, but overnight is also fine.
- While the malabi is setting, prepare the syrup by placing raspberries, pomegranate juice, rosewater and xylitol to a gently simmer in a small pot. Simmer until berries are collapsed and xylitol is dissolved. Strain solids, so only syrup remains, allow cooling before serving.
- Serve topped with the chopped pistachios, coconut and syrup, if desired.
- Gluten free
- Zero refined sugar
- Nut free, optional – do not serve with pistachios
Ingredients: Cake 200g Fresh or frozen raspberries 12 eggs 500g Caster sugar 500g Almond Meal, plus extra 2tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt Icing 2 cups icing sugar 2 tbsp lemon juice, strained Garnish 2tbsp Rose petals 2tbsp Pistachios Handful of fresh raspberries...
Ingredients: Base2 packets of Oreos¼ cup + 1 tbsp of melted butter1 pinch of saltFilling½ cup butter meltedCup brown sugar1 can condensed milk¼ cup of cream1 tsp salt1 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)Topping150g milk chocolate chips50ml cream2 tbsp smooth peanut...
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Lime & Yoghurt Syrup Cake recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Khanh Ong as he creates his Matcha Chiffon Cake with White Chocolate Ganache recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Elena Duggan as she creates her Apple Baked Pie Recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.
Join Elena Duggan as she creates her Sticky Date Pudding recipe. Tune in to The Market kitchen each weekday on Channel 10.