Miso Chicken and MushroomsElena Duggan
- 50g EVOO
- 1kg Chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- 500g Mixed mushrooms, shitake, shimeji, oyster, black fungus, nameko, maitake, matsutake
- 3cm Thumb of ginger, julienned
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 lge Lemon, zest only, juice reserved
- 50g Miso paste, white
- 50-100g fresh wakame, or alternative dried seaweed such as Obento Yaki Nori in strips soaked in water and drained well
- 1L Chicken stock, homemade, additional reserved if desired
- 125g TCC Coconut milk, high quality- high % coconut content
- Extra Enoki mushrooms for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- With quinoa, jasmine rice, cauliflower rice cooked appropriately, of your choosing.
- Drumsticks, whole chicken alternative to thighs, increase cooking time in oven.
- Preheat your oven to 180º Celsius, fan forced.
- Using an ovenproof heavy based casserole dish, heat EVOO over med-high heat on stovetop.
- Cut chicken thighs into quarters, and cook one side down till just golden, flip and cook till golden on both sides, remove and put aside.
- To the pan, add garlic, chili, zest, ginger and stir through until fragrant, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir through for up to four minutes.
- Stir in miso paste, and wakame.
- Stir through stock and coconut milk; dislodge any flavour sediment on the bottom.
- Return chicken to dish, skin side up. Place in oven uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Add extra stock if a moisture required before returning to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve in dish with coriander leaves scattered all over. If desired serve with rice or alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...