Miso Chicken and MushroomsElena Duggan
- 50g EVOO
- 1kg Chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- 500g Mixed mushrooms, shitake, shimeji, oyster, black fungus, nameko, maitake, matsutake
- 3cm Thumb of ginger, julienned
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 lge Lemon, zest only, juice reserved
- 50g Miso paste, white
- 50-100g fresh wakame, or alternative dried seaweed such as Obento Yaki Nori in strips soaked in water and drained well
- 1L Chicken stock, homemade, additional reserved if desired
- 125g TCC Coconut milk, high quality- high % coconut content
- Extra Enoki mushrooms for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- With quinoa, jasmine rice, cauliflower rice cooked appropriately, of your choosing.
- Drumsticks, whole chicken alternative to thighs, increase cooking time in oven.
- Preheat your oven to 180º Celsius, fan forced.
- Using an ovenproof heavy based casserole dish, heat EVOO over med-high heat on stovetop.
- Cut chicken thighs into quarters, and cook one side down till just golden, flip and cook till golden on both sides, remove and put aside.
- To the pan, add garlic, chili, zest, ginger and stir through until fragrant, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir through for up to four minutes.
- Stir in miso paste, and wakame.
- Stir through stock and coconut milk; dislodge any flavour sediment on the bottom.
- Return chicken to dish, skin side up. Place in oven uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Add extra stock if a moisture required before returning to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve in dish with coriander leaves scattered all over. If desired serve with rice or alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...