Miso Chicken and MushroomsElena Duggan
- 50g EVOO
- 1kg Chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- 500g Mixed mushrooms, shitake, shimeji, oyster, black fungus, nameko, maitake, matsutake
- 3cm Thumb of ginger, julienned
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 lge Lemon, zest only, juice reserved
- 50g Miso paste, white
- 50-100g fresh wakame, or alternative dried seaweed such as Obento Yaki Nori in strips soaked in water and drained well
- 1L Chicken stock, homemade, additional reserved if desired
- 125g TCC Coconut milk, high quality- high % coconut content
- Extra Enoki mushrooms for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- With quinoa, jasmine rice, cauliflower rice cooked appropriately, of your choosing.
- Drumsticks, whole chicken alternative to thighs, increase cooking time in oven.
- Preheat your oven to 180º Celsius, fan forced.
- Using an ovenproof heavy based casserole dish, heat EVOO over med-high heat on stovetop.
- Cut chicken thighs into quarters, and cook one side down till just golden, flip and cook till golden on both sides, remove and put aside.
- To the pan, add garlic, chili, zest, ginger and stir through until fragrant, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir through for up to four minutes.
- Stir in miso paste, and wakame.
- Stir through stock and coconut milk; dislodge any flavour sediment on the bottom.
- Return chicken to dish, skin side up. Place in oven uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Add extra stock if a moisture required before returning to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve in dish with coriander leaves scattered all over. If desired serve with rice or alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...