Miso Chicken and MushroomsElena Duggan
- 50g EVOO
- 1kg Chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- 500g Mixed mushrooms, shitake, shimeji, oyster, black fungus, nameko, maitake, matsutake
- 3cm Thumb of ginger, julienned
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 lge Lemon, zest only, juice reserved
- 50g Miso paste, white
- 50-100g fresh wakame, or alternative dried seaweed such as Obento Yaki Nori in strips soaked in water and drained well
- 1L Chicken stock, homemade, additional reserved if desired
- 125g TCC Coconut milk, high quality- high % coconut content
- Extra Enoki mushrooms for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- With quinoa, jasmine rice, cauliflower rice cooked appropriately, of your choosing.
- Drumsticks, whole chicken alternative to thighs, increase cooking time in oven.
- Preheat your oven to 180º Celsius, fan forced.
- Using an ovenproof heavy based casserole dish, heat EVOO over med-high heat on stovetop.
- Cut chicken thighs into quarters, and cook one side down till just golden, flip and cook till golden on both sides, remove and put aside.
- To the pan, add garlic, chili, zest, ginger and stir through until fragrant, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir through for up to four minutes.
- Stir in miso paste, and wakame.
- Stir through stock and coconut milk; dislodge any flavour sediment on the bottom.
- Return chicken to dish, skin side up. Place in oven uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Add extra stock if a moisture required before returning to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve in dish with coriander leaves scattered all over. If desired serve with rice or alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...