Miso Chicken and MushroomsElena Duggan
- 50g EVOO
- 1kg Chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- 500g Mixed mushrooms, shitake, shimeji, oyster, black fungus, nameko, maitake, matsutake
- 3cm Thumb of ginger, julienned
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long Red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 lge Lemon, zest only, juice reserved
- 50g Miso paste, white
- 50-100g fresh wakame, or alternative dried seaweed such as Obento Yaki Nori in strips soaked in water and drained well
- 1L Chicken stock, homemade, additional reserved if desired
- 125g TCC Coconut milk, high quality- high % coconut content
- Extra Enoki mushrooms for garnish
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- With quinoa, jasmine rice, cauliflower rice cooked appropriately, of your choosing.
- Drumsticks, whole chicken alternative to thighs, increase cooking time in oven.
- Preheat your oven to 180º Celsius, fan forced.
- Using an ovenproof heavy based casserole dish, heat EVOO over med-high heat on stovetop.
- Cut chicken thighs into quarters, and cook one side down till just golden, flip and cook till golden on both sides, remove and put aside.
- To the pan, add garlic, chili, zest, ginger and stir through until fragrant, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir through for up to four minutes.
- Stir in miso paste, and wakame.
- Stir through stock and coconut milk; dislodge any flavour sediment on the bottom.
- Return chicken to dish, skin side up. Place in oven uncovered, for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Add extra stock if a moisture required before returning to oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve in dish with coriander leaves scattered all over. If desired serve with rice or alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free (leave off rice)
- Nut free
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...