Moroccan lambJason Johnson
- Dineamic Moroccon Lamb Tagine
- Filo pastry
- Canola spray
- Sesame seeds, black and white
- Fine couscous
- Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Self Raising flour
- Baking powder
- Prepare your pumpkin first by dicing and roasting for 15-20 minutes until tender to touch but not mushy.
- Next, boil water, Place 2 cups of dry couscous and half a handful of currants in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour the water into the bowl about 1cm above the surface of the water and cover, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop 1 cup of mint, using half in 200gm of yoghurt and the other half for couscous side.
- Season yoghurt with half a lemon juice, ¼ cup of mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, fluff your couscous to loosen the grains and makes it easy to gently fold through your mint and roast pumpkin.
- To prepare the flat bread, add 1 cup of self raising flour, tsp of baking powder and 1 cup of yoghurt with salt, pepper and a good pinch of turmeric, combine all together, if too wet add a little more flour and if too dry add some more yoghurt.
- Need and form into a ball cutting smaller dough balls to roll out into rectangle shapes.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan with some coconut oil and fry each side of the flat bread for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous for filo parcel, place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour boiling water to cover the surface of the couscous by 1cm, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the water is evaporated, fluff couscous and add 250g of cooked couscous to 500g pouch of cold Moroccan chicken or lamb pouch.
- Get 4 whole sheets of filo spraying each sheet with canola oil spray, spoon 250g of the Moroccan casserole and couscous mix in the middle of the filo and fold sides into the middle and start to roll the filo to make a sausage roll shape filo parcel.
- Spray the filo with canola spray and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with minted yoghurt and mango chutney
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...