Moroccan lambJason Johnson
- Dineamic Moroccon Lamb Tagine
- Filo pastry
- Canola spray
- Sesame seeds, black and white
- Fine couscous
- Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Self Raising flour
- Baking powder
- Prepare your pumpkin first by dicing and roasting for 15-20 minutes until tender to touch but not mushy.
- Next, boil water, Place 2 cups of dry couscous and half a handful of currants in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour the water into the bowl about 1cm above the surface of the water and cover, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop 1 cup of mint, using half in 200gm of yoghurt and the other half for couscous side.
- Season yoghurt with half a lemon juice, ¼ cup of mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, fluff your couscous to loosen the grains and makes it easy to gently fold through your mint and roast pumpkin.
- To prepare the flat bread, add 1 cup of self raising flour, tsp of baking powder and 1 cup of yoghurt with salt, pepper and a good pinch of turmeric, combine all together, if too wet add a little more flour and if too dry add some more yoghurt.
- Need and form into a ball cutting smaller dough balls to roll out into rectangle shapes.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan with some coconut oil and fry each side of the flat bread for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous for filo parcel, place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour boiling water to cover the surface of the couscous by 1cm, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the water is evaporated, fluff couscous and add 250g of cooked couscous to 500g pouch of cold Moroccan chicken or lamb pouch.
- Get 4 whole sheets of filo spraying each sheet with canola oil spray, spoon 250g of the Moroccan casserole and couscous mix in the middle of the filo and fold sides into the middle and start to roll the filo to make a sausage roll shape filo parcel.
- Spray the filo with canola spray and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with minted yoghurt and mango chutney
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...