Moroccan lambJason Johnson
- Dineamic Moroccon Lamb Tagine
- Filo pastry
- Canola spray
- Sesame seeds, black and white
- Fine couscous
- Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Self Raising flour
- Baking powder
- Prepare your pumpkin first by dicing and roasting for 15-20 minutes until tender to touch but not mushy.
- Next, boil water, Place 2 cups of dry couscous and half a handful of currants in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour the water into the bowl about 1cm above the surface of the water and cover, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop 1 cup of mint, using half in 200gm of yoghurt and the other half for couscous side.
- Season yoghurt with half a lemon juice, ¼ cup of mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, fluff your couscous to loosen the grains and makes it easy to gently fold through your mint and roast pumpkin.
- To prepare the flat bread, add 1 cup of self raising flour, tsp of baking powder and 1 cup of yoghurt with salt, pepper and a good pinch of turmeric, combine all together, if too wet add a little more flour and if too dry add some more yoghurt.
- Need and form into a ball cutting smaller dough balls to roll out into rectangle shapes.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan with some coconut oil and fry each side of the flat bread for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous for filo parcel, place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour boiling water to cover the surface of the couscous by 1cm, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the water is evaporated, fluff couscous and add 250g of cooked couscous to 500g pouch of cold Moroccan chicken or lamb pouch.
- Get 4 whole sheets of filo spraying each sheet with canola oil spray, spoon 250g of the Moroccan casserole and couscous mix in the middle of the filo and fold sides into the middle and start to roll the filo to make a sausage roll shape filo parcel.
- Spray the filo with canola spray and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with minted yoghurt and mango chutney
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...