Moroccan lambJason Johnson
- Dineamic Moroccon Lamb Tagine
- Filo pastry
- Canola spray
- Sesame seeds, black and white
- Fine couscous
- Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Self Raising flour
- Baking powder
- Prepare your pumpkin first by dicing and roasting for 15-20 minutes until tender to touch but not mushy.
- Next, boil water, Place 2 cups of dry couscous and half a handful of currants in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour the water into the bowl about 1cm above the surface of the water and cover, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop 1 cup of mint, using half in 200gm of yoghurt and the other half for couscous side.
- Season yoghurt with half a lemon juice, ¼ cup of mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, fluff your couscous to loosen the grains and makes it easy to gently fold through your mint and roast pumpkin.
- To prepare the flat bread, add 1 cup of self raising flour, tsp of baking powder and 1 cup of yoghurt with salt, pepper and a good pinch of turmeric, combine all together, if too wet add a little more flour and if too dry add some more yoghurt.
- Need and form into a ball cutting smaller dough balls to roll out into rectangle shapes.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan with some coconut oil and fry each side of the flat bread for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous for filo parcel, place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour boiling water to cover the surface of the couscous by 1cm, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the water is evaporated, fluff couscous and add 250g of cooked couscous to 500g pouch of cold Moroccan chicken or lamb pouch.
- Get 4 whole sheets of filo spraying each sheet with canola oil spray, spoon 250g of the Moroccan casserole and couscous mix in the middle of the filo and fold sides into the middle and start to roll the filo to make a sausage roll shape filo parcel.
- Spray the filo with canola spray and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with minted yoghurt and mango chutney
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...