Moroccan lambJason Johnson
- Dineamic Moroccon Lamb Tagine
- Filo pastry
- Canola spray
- Sesame seeds, black and white
- Fine couscous
- Chicken stock
- Olive oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Self Raising flour
- Baking powder
- Prepare your pumpkin first by dicing and roasting for 15-20 minutes until tender to touch but not mushy.
- Next, boil water, Place 2 cups of dry couscous and half a handful of currants in a bowl and season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour the water into the bowl about 1cm above the surface of the water and cover, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop 1 cup of mint, using half in 200gm of yoghurt and the other half for couscous side.
- Season yoghurt with half a lemon juice, ¼ cup of mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, fluff your couscous to loosen the grains and makes it easy to gently fold through your mint and roast pumpkin.
- To prepare the flat bread, add 1 cup of self raising flour, tsp of baking powder and 1 cup of yoghurt with salt, pepper and a good pinch of turmeric, combine all together, if too wet add a little more flour and if too dry add some more yoghurt.
- Need and form into a ball cutting smaller dough balls to roll out into rectangle shapes.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan with some coconut oil and fry each side of the flat bread for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous for filo parcel, place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Pour boiling water to cover the surface of the couscous by 1cm, cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Once the water is evaporated, fluff couscous and add 250g of cooked couscous to 500g pouch of cold Moroccan chicken or lamb pouch.
- Get 4 whole sheets of filo spraying each sheet with canola oil spray, spoon 250g of the Moroccan casserole and couscous mix in the middle of the filo and fold sides into the middle and start to roll the filo to make a sausage roll shape filo parcel.
- Spray the filo with canola spray and sprinkle sesame seeds on the top and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with minted yoghurt and mango chutney
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...