Muesli BarsGeorgia Barnes
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 1 cup whole oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup sulphite free sultanas
- 1/2 cup sulphite free goji berries
- 50g unsalted organic butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, or other nut butter
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- Pinch salt flakes
- Grease and line a slice tin.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients into a saucepan. Stir until all ingredients have melted. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Transfer to prepared tin. Use a spatula to press mixture firmly into the slice tin.
- Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Cut into 7 vertical slices. Halve slices to create 14 muesli bars.
Bars will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 7 days (if they last that long). Enjoy!
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...