Mushroom OmletteJemma O'Hanlon
- 2 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Australian mushrooms – button, swiss brown and portobello
- ½ sprig fresh Australian thyme
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp goats cheese
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut
- Small handful Australian baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup Australian watercress
- Crusty sourdough to serve
- For the mushroom filling, in a small non-stick pan place 1 tsp olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the pan with thyme, cook until they are soft. Season, remove from pan and place into a small bowl.
- For the egg mixture, crack 2 eggs into another small bowl with salt, pepper and use a fork to whisk lightly to combine.
- Place remaining 1 tsp olive oil over heat in a small non-stick pan.
- Pour in egg mix and heat over low to medium heat until the egg mixture starts to solidify at the bottom.
- Add mushroom filling on top, then top with goats cheese, seeded mustard, sauerkraut and baby spinach leaves.
- Roll omelette so the fillings are trapped and roll so that omelette is enclosed and heat to seal. You can serve omelette as a half moon or rolled over like a cylinder.
- Serve topped with watercress and toasted crusty sourdough bread on the side.
Tip: For a high protein quick and easy lunch or dinner this omelette ticks all the boxes.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...