Mushroom OmletteJemma O'Hanlon
- 2 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Australian mushrooms – button, swiss brown and portobello
- ½ sprig fresh Australian thyme
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp goats cheese
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut
- Small handful Australian baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup Australian watercress
- Crusty sourdough to serve
- For the mushroom filling, in a small non-stick pan place 1 tsp olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the pan with thyme, cook until they are soft. Season, remove from pan and place into a small bowl.
- For the egg mixture, crack 2 eggs into another small bowl with salt, pepper and use a fork to whisk lightly to combine.
- Place remaining 1 tsp olive oil over heat in a small non-stick pan.
- Pour in egg mix and heat over low to medium heat until the egg mixture starts to solidify at the bottom.
- Add mushroom filling on top, then top with goats cheese, seeded mustard, sauerkraut and baby spinach leaves.
- Roll omelette so the fillings are trapped and roll so that omelette is enclosed and heat to seal. You can serve omelette as a half moon or rolled over like a cylinder.
- Serve topped with watercress and toasted crusty sourdough bread on the side.
Tip: For a high protein quick and easy lunch or dinner this omelette ticks all the boxes.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...