Mushroom OmletteJemma O'Hanlon
- 2 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Australian mushrooms – button, swiss brown and portobello
- ½ sprig fresh Australian thyme
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp goats cheese
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut
- Small handful Australian baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup Australian watercress
- Crusty sourdough to serve
- For the mushroom filling, in a small non-stick pan place 1 tsp olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the pan with thyme, cook until they are soft. Season, remove from pan and place into a small bowl.
- For the egg mixture, crack 2 eggs into another small bowl with salt, pepper and use a fork to whisk lightly to combine.
- Place remaining 1 tsp olive oil over heat in a small non-stick pan.
- Pour in egg mix and heat over low to medium heat until the egg mixture starts to solidify at the bottom.
- Add mushroom filling on top, then top with goats cheese, seeded mustard, sauerkraut and baby spinach leaves.
- Roll omelette so the fillings are trapped and roll so that omelette is enclosed and heat to seal. You can serve omelette as a half moon or rolled over like a cylinder.
- Serve topped with watercress and toasted crusty sourdough bread on the side.
Tip: For a high protein quick and easy lunch or dinner this omelette ticks all the boxes.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...