Mushroom OmletteJemma O'Hanlon
- 2 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Australian mushrooms – button, swiss brown and portobello
- ½ sprig fresh Australian thyme
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp goats cheese
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut
- Small handful Australian baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup Australian watercress
- Crusty sourdough to serve
- For the mushroom filling, in a small non-stick pan place 1 tsp olive oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms and add to the pan with thyme, cook until they are soft. Season, remove from pan and place into a small bowl.
- For the egg mixture, crack 2 eggs into another small bowl with salt, pepper and use a fork to whisk lightly to combine.
- Place remaining 1 tsp olive oil over heat in a small non-stick pan.
- Pour in egg mix and heat over low to medium heat until the egg mixture starts to solidify at the bottom.
- Add mushroom filling on top, then top with goats cheese, seeded mustard, sauerkraut and baby spinach leaves.
- Roll omelette so the fillings are trapped and roll so that omelette is enclosed and heat to seal. You can serve omelette as a half moon or rolled over like a cylinder.
- Serve topped with watercress and toasted crusty sourdough bread on the side.
Tip: For a high protein quick and easy lunch or dinner this omelette ticks all the boxes.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...