Normandy MusselsElena Duggan
- 1kg Live Mussels, Australian
- 750g Royal Blue or Sebago Potatoes, peeled, sliced in 5 mm discs, rinsed, dried
- 100g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 250ml Apple Cider
- 100ml Calvados
- 100 g Unsalted Butter, reserve 50g for potatoes
- 50g Crème Fraiche
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- ¼ bunch dill, leaves only
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves only, finely diced
- For the potatoes, heat 50g EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
- Pan fry potatoes while flipping every two minutes until evenly cooked and golden. When a fork goes through with minimal resistance, they’re ready.
- Place 50g of butter in to finish potatoes and set aside to serve.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pot. Soften leeks until starting to colour.
- Deglaze with cider and calvados and dislodge all sediment, stir thoroughly.
- Allow liquid to reduce by approximately one third, stir through butter, pepper and Dijon until combined.
- Pour in mussels and place lid on pot. Once all mussels are open, approximately 8 minutes remove lid, stir through crème fraiche.
- Serve with fresh dill and parsley and potatoes.
- Mussels can be replaced with pipis or clams depending on local and seasonal availability Leek can be replace with brown or white onion Cider and calvados can be replaced with a dry white wine
- Dairy free option, leave out butter and crème fraiche, replace with more EVOO if desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...