Normandy MusselsElena Duggan
- 1kg Live Mussels, Australian
- 750g Royal Blue or Sebago Potatoes, peeled, sliced in 5 mm discs, rinsed, dried
- 100g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 250ml Apple Cider
- 100ml Calvados
- 100 g Unsalted Butter, reserve 50g for potatoes
- 50g Crème Fraiche
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- ¼ bunch dill, leaves only
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves only, finely diced
- For the potatoes, heat 50g EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
- Pan fry potatoes while flipping every two minutes until evenly cooked and golden. When a fork goes through with minimal resistance, they’re ready.
- Place 50g of butter in to finish potatoes and set aside to serve.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pot. Soften leeks until starting to colour.
- Deglaze with cider and calvados and dislodge all sediment, stir thoroughly.
- Allow liquid to reduce by approximately one third, stir through butter, pepper and Dijon until combined.
- Pour in mussels and place lid on pot. Once all mussels are open, approximately 8 minutes remove lid, stir through crème fraiche.
- Serve with fresh dill and parsley and potatoes.
- Mussels can be replaced with pipis or clams depending on local and seasonal availability Leek can be replace with brown or white onion Cider and calvados can be replaced with a dry white wine
- Dairy free option, leave out butter and crème fraiche, replace with more EVOO if desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...