Normandy MusselsElena Duggan
- 1kg Live Mussels, Australian
- 750g Royal Blue or Sebago Potatoes, peeled, sliced in 5 mm discs, rinsed, dried
- 100g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 250ml Apple Cider
- 100ml Calvados
- 100 g Unsalted Butter, reserve 50g for potatoes
- 50g Crème Fraiche
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- ¼ bunch dill, leaves only
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves only, finely diced
- For the potatoes, heat 50g EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
- Pan fry potatoes while flipping every two minutes until evenly cooked and golden. When a fork goes through with minimal resistance, they’re ready.
- Place 50g of butter in to finish potatoes and set aside to serve.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pot. Soften leeks until starting to colour.
- Deglaze with cider and calvados and dislodge all sediment, stir thoroughly.
- Allow liquid to reduce by approximately one third, stir through butter, pepper and Dijon until combined.
- Pour in mussels and place lid on pot. Once all mussels are open, approximately 8 minutes remove lid, stir through crème fraiche.
- Serve with fresh dill and parsley and potatoes.
- Mussels can be replaced with pipis or clams depending on local and seasonal availability Leek can be replace with brown or white onion Cider and calvados can be replaced with a dry white wine
- Dairy free option, leave out butter and crème fraiche, replace with more EVOO if desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...