Normandy MusselsElena Duggan
- 1kg Live Mussels, Australian
- 750g Royal Blue or Sebago Potatoes, peeled, sliced in 5 mm discs, rinsed, dried
- 100g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 250ml Apple Cider
- 100ml Calvados
- 100 g Unsalted Butter, reserve 50g for potatoes
- 50g Crème Fraiche
- Ground white pepper to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- ¼ bunch dill, leaves only
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves only, finely diced
- For the potatoes, heat 50g EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan over a medium heat.
- Pan fry potatoes while flipping every two minutes until evenly cooked and golden. When a fork goes through with minimal resistance, they’re ready.
- Place 50g of butter in to finish potatoes and set aside to serve.
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pot. Soften leeks until starting to colour.
- Deglaze with cider and calvados and dislodge all sediment, stir thoroughly.
- Allow liquid to reduce by approximately one third, stir through butter, pepper and Dijon until combined.
- Pour in mussels and place lid on pot. Once all mussels are open, approximately 8 minutes remove lid, stir through crème fraiche.
- Serve with fresh dill and parsley and potatoes.
- Mussels can be replaced with pipis or clams depending on local and seasonal availability Leek can be replace with brown or white onion Cider and calvados can be replaced with a dry white wine
- Dairy free option, leave out butter and crème fraiche, replace with more EVOO if desired.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...