Northern Thai Curry Noodles (Khao Soi)Chef Mod
- 3 chicken fillets (cut into 6-9 pcs)
- 400ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream
- 3 tbsp Valcom Yellow Curry Paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 300g fresh egg noodles
- 6 cups water
- 100g fresh egg noodles
- Vegetable/canola oil (for deep frying)
- Crushed dried chilli in oil
- Red onion (diced)
- 1 fresh lime/lemon (cut into wedges)
- Red chillies (sliced)
- Fresh spring onions
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Pour the 200ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add Valcom Yellow Curry Paste, turmeric powder and black cardamom powder. Cook and stir for 2-3 mins until oil separates on the surface. Then, add the chicken and stir until it is coated with coconut and chilli paste.
- Add the remaining 200ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream with ½ cup water. Stir the chicken until the curry sauce is mixed through, then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins.
- Add chicken stock powder, brown sugar and Squid Brand Fish Sauce into the pot, then stir until mixed through. Simmer for 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
Crispy Noodles Topping
- Pour vegetable oil in a small pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add 100g egg noodles to deep fry until light golden and crispy. Remove and set aside to drain oil.
- Pour about 6 cups of water in a medium pot then cook egg noodles following the packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold water. Divide noodles into individual serving bowls.
- Ladle chicken curry over noodles. Top with toppings and serve with lime/lemon wedges.
- Enjoy your creamy northern Thailand style curry noodles.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...