Northern Thai Curry Noodles (Khao Soi)Chef Mod
- 3 pcs Chicken Maryland fillet (cut into 6–9 pcs)
- 400ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream
- 3 tbsp Valcom Yellow Curry Paste
- 1⁄2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Black cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 61⁄2 cups water (1/2 cups for curry, 6 cups for cooking noodles)
- 400g fresh egg noodles
- Vegetable/Canola oil
- Crushed dried chilli in oil
- Red onion (diced)
- 1 fresh lime/lemon
- Red chilies (sliced)
- Fresh spring onion & coriander leaves
- Put the 200ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add Valcom Yellow Curry Paste, turmeric powder, curry powder and black cardamom powder. Cook and stir for 2-3 mins until oil separates on the surface.
- Add the chicken and stir until it is coated with coconut and chilli paste.
- Add a further 200ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream with 1/2 cups of water. Stir the chicken until the curry sauce is mixed through then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins.
- Add chicken stock powder, brown sugar and Squid Brand Fish Sauce into the pot, then stir until mixed through. Simmer for 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cut wonton skin into small strips. Put vegetable oil in a small pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the 100g egg noodle to deep fry until light golden crispy. Take them out and put them aside to drain oil.
- Before serving, put about 6 cups of water in a medium pot then cook 300g of egg noodles following the packet directions. Drain and refresh under cold water. Divide noodles into individual serving bowls.
- Ladle chicken curry over noodles. Top with crispy egg noodle, coriander/spring onion, red chilies, diced shallots and chilli in oil (to suit your desire). Serve with lime wedges.
- Enjoy your creamy northern Thailand style curry noodles.
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...