Northern Thai Curry Noodles (Khao Soi)Chef Mod
- 3 chicken fillets (cut into 6-9 pcs)
- 400ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream
- 3 tbsp Valcom Yellow Curry Paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 300g fresh egg noodles
- 6 cups water
- 100g fresh egg noodles
- Vegetable/canola oil (for deep frying)
- Crushed dried chilli in oil
- Red onion (diced)
- 1 fresh lime/lemon (cut into wedges)
- Red chillies (sliced)
- Fresh spring onions
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Pour the 200ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add Valcom Yellow Curry Paste, turmeric powder and black cardamom powder. Cook and stir for 2-3 mins until oil separates on the surface. Then, add the chicken and stir until it is coated with coconut and chilli paste.
- Add the remaining 200ml TCC Premium Coconut Cream with ½ cup water. Stir the chicken until the curry sauce is mixed through, then reduce heat to low and cook for 10 mins.
- Add chicken stock powder, brown sugar and Squid Brand Fish Sauce into the pot, then stir until mixed through. Simmer for 15 mins or until chicken is cooked through.
Crispy Noodles Topping
- Pour vegetable oil in a small pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add 100g egg noodles to deep fry until light golden and crispy. Remove and set aside to drain oil.
- Pour about 6 cups of water in a medium pot then cook egg noodles following the packet instructions. Drain and refresh under cold water. Divide noodles into individual serving bowls.
- Ladle chicken curry over noodles. Top with toppings and serve with lime/lemon wedges.
- Enjoy your creamy northern Thailand style curry noodles.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...