Makes 6 Pancakes
- ½ cup Ensure vanilla powder
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 carrot, grated
- Stir flour, with salt and Ensure powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk stock and eggs. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and gently fold in cabbage, carrot and spring onions.
- In large non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp. of oil over medium-high heat. Pour ½ cup of the batter into the pan and gently flatten with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bottom is browned, flip over and cook for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
Top with Japanese mayonnaise, hoisin sauce, bean sprouts and sesame seeds.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...