Oysters With Fennel & Cucumber VinegretteLaura Sharrad & Adam Walls
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors
- Rock salt or crushed ice, for serving.
- 4 dozen Sydney rock or Pacific oysters, shucked and returned to half-shell.
- Lemon wedges & micro-parsley leaves, to serve.
For the Vinegrette
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60ml) chardonnay vinegar
- ½ cup (125ml) verjuice
- ¾ cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 (180g) baby fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped chervil, flat-leaf parsley & dill
- For vinaigrette, place all ingredients in a blender, season to taste and blitz until combined and emulsified.
- Place rock salt or crushed ice on a large serving platter. Arrange the oysters in their shells on top and place the dressing and lemon wedges alongside. Scatter dressing with micro-parsley and serve.