- 75g EVOO
- 2lge Onions, finely diced
- 6cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2stalks Celery, finely diced
- 1lge Yellow (or orange) capsicum, finely diced
- 500g Calasparra/ Bomba/ Spanish rice (or arborio)
- 1kg Fish,
- Massel chicken or vegetable stock, reduced salt
- 500g Water, standby, may not be required
- 125g Butter, cubed
- 2 pinches Saffron
- ¼ Preserved lemon, finely diced
- 500g Goolwa pipis
- 250g King George whiting fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Garfish fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Scallops
- 1long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 Lemons, zest and reserve juice, extra wedges to serve
- ½ bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 25g South Australian Lobster Oil ‘Ferguson Australia’
- Heat the oil in a medium to large paella pan or outdoor safe heavy-based fry pan to a medium heat.
- Cook off the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add celery and capsicum and gently sauté until softened.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 2-3minutes until rice is thoroughly coated in oil and ingredients and starting to look translucent.
- Add in preserved lemon, lemon zest and saffron and stirr.
- Add stock stir to evenly distribute and bring to the boil. No more stirring should be necessary, reduce to a medium heat. When the rice begins to swell and a rolling simmer is consistent or after 12-15minutes, Place the butter cubes evenly all over the paella and allow it to sink in without stirring.
- Then scatter pippis across the surface of the paella.
- Allow further cooking for five minutes before slightly burying the pippis in the rice.
- Scatter fish (or larger pieces of scallops so they can cook for longer) over the surface of the paella, cook for five minutes.
- Scatter scallops and chilli all over the surface of the paella and drizzle lobster oil and lemon juice all over, cook for approximately another five minutes.
- As soon as seafood is just cooked through, sprinkle parsley all over the surface, place lemon wedges and serve in the centre of your diners.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Mitolo, Vermentino & Fiano.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Dairy free – optional- use all EVOO instead of butter
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...