- 75g EVOO
- 2lge Onions, finely diced
- 6cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2stalks Celery, finely diced
- 1lge Yellow (or orange) capsicum, finely diced
- 500g Calasparra/ Bomba/ Spanish rice (or arborio)
- 1kg Fish,
- Massel chicken or vegetable stock, reduced salt
- 500g Water, standby, may not be required
- 125g Butter, cubed
- 2 pinches Saffron
- ¼ Preserved lemon, finely diced
- 500g Goolwa pipis
- 250g King George whiting fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Garfish fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Scallops
- 1long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 Lemons, zest and reserve juice, extra wedges to serve
- ½ bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 25g South Australian Lobster Oil ‘Ferguson Australia’
- Heat the oil in a medium to large paella pan or outdoor safe heavy-based fry pan to a medium heat.
- Cook off the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add celery and capsicum and gently sauté until softened.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 2-3minutes until rice is thoroughly coated in oil and ingredients and starting to look translucent.
- Add in preserved lemon, lemon zest and saffron and stirr.
- Add stock stir to evenly distribute and bring to the boil. No more stirring should be necessary, reduce to a medium heat. When the rice begins to swell and a rolling simmer is consistent or after 12-15minutes, Place the butter cubes evenly all over the paella and allow it to sink in without stirring.
- Then scatter pippis across the surface of the paella.
- Allow further cooking for five minutes before slightly burying the pippis in the rice.
- Scatter fish (or larger pieces of scallops so they can cook for longer) over the surface of the paella, cook for five minutes.
- Scatter scallops and chilli all over the surface of the paella and drizzle lobster oil and lemon juice all over, cook for approximately another five minutes.
- As soon as seafood is just cooked through, sprinkle parsley all over the surface, place lemon wedges and serve in the centre of your diners.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Mitolo, Vermentino & Fiano.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Dairy free – optional- use all EVOO instead of butter
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...