- 75g EVOO
- 2lge Onions, finely diced
- 6cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2stalks Celery, finely diced
- 1lge Yellow (or orange) capsicum, finely diced
- 500g Calasparra/ Bomba/ Spanish rice (or arborio)
- 1kg Fish,
- Massel chicken or vegetable stock, reduced salt
- 500g Water, standby, may not be required
- 125g Butter, cubed
- 2 pinches Saffron
- ¼ Preserved lemon, finely diced
- 500g Goolwa pipis
- 250g King George whiting fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Garfish fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Scallops
- 1long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 Lemons, zest and reserve juice, extra wedges to serve
- ½ bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 25g South Australian Lobster Oil ‘Ferguson Australia’
- Heat the oil in a medium to large paella pan or outdoor safe heavy-based fry pan to a medium heat.
- Cook off the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add celery and capsicum and gently sauté until softened.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 2-3minutes until rice is thoroughly coated in oil and ingredients and starting to look translucent.
- Add in preserved lemon, lemon zest and saffron and stirr.
- Add stock stir to evenly distribute and bring to the boil. No more stirring should be necessary, reduce to a medium heat. When the rice begins to swell and a rolling simmer is consistent or after 12-15minutes, Place the butter cubes evenly all over the paella and allow it to sink in without stirring.
- Then scatter pippis across the surface of the paella.
- Allow further cooking for five minutes before slightly burying the pippis in the rice.
- Scatter fish (or larger pieces of scallops so they can cook for longer) over the surface of the paella, cook for five minutes.
- Scatter scallops and chilli all over the surface of the paella and drizzle lobster oil and lemon juice all over, cook for approximately another five minutes.
- As soon as seafood is just cooked through, sprinkle parsley all over the surface, place lemon wedges and serve in the centre of your diners.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Mitolo, Vermentino & Fiano.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Dairy free – optional- use all EVOO instead of butter
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...