- 75g EVOO
- 2lge Onions, finely diced
- 6cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2stalks Celery, finely diced
- 1lge Yellow (or orange) capsicum, finely diced
- 500g Calasparra/ Bomba/ Spanish rice (or arborio)
- 1kg Fish,
- Massel chicken or vegetable stock, reduced salt
- 500g Water, standby, may not be required
- 125g Butter, cubed
- 2 pinches Saffron
- ¼ Preserved lemon, finely diced
- 500g Goolwa pipis
- 250g King George whiting fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Garfish fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Scallops
- 1long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 Lemons, zest and reserve juice, extra wedges to serve
- ½ bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 25g South Australian Lobster Oil ‘Ferguson Australia’
- Heat the oil in a medium to large paella pan or outdoor safe heavy-based fry pan to a medium heat.
- Cook off the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add celery and capsicum and gently sauté until softened.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 2-3minutes until rice is thoroughly coated in oil and ingredients and starting to look translucent.
- Add in preserved lemon, lemon zest and saffron and stirr.
- Add stock stir to evenly distribute and bring to the boil. No more stirring should be necessary, reduce to a medium heat. When the rice begins to swell and a rolling simmer is consistent or after 12-15minutes, Place the butter cubes evenly all over the paella and allow it to sink in without stirring.
- Then scatter pippis across the surface of the paella.
- Allow further cooking for five minutes before slightly burying the pippis in the rice.
- Scatter fish (or larger pieces of scallops so they can cook for longer) over the surface of the paella, cook for five minutes.
- Scatter scallops and chilli all over the surface of the paella and drizzle lobster oil and lemon juice all over, cook for approximately another five minutes.
- As soon as seafood is just cooked through, sprinkle parsley all over the surface, place lemon wedges and serve in the centre of your diners.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Mitolo, Vermentino & Fiano.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Dairy free – optional- use all EVOO instead of butter
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...