- 75g EVOO
- 2lge Onions, finely diced
- 6cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2stalks Celery, finely diced
- 1lge Yellow (or orange) capsicum, finely diced
- 500g Calasparra/ Bomba/ Spanish rice (or arborio)
- 1kg Fish,
- Massel chicken or vegetable stock, reduced salt
- 500g Water, standby, may not be required
- 125g Butter, cubed
- 2 pinches Saffron
- ¼ Preserved lemon, finely diced
- 500g Goolwa pipis
- 250g King George whiting fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Garfish fillets, rolled and skewered
- 250g Scallops
- 1long Red chili, deseeded, finely diced
- 2 Lemons, zest and reserve juice, extra wedges to serve
- ½ bunch Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 25g South Australian Lobster Oil ‘Ferguson Australia’
- Heat the oil in a medium to large paella pan or outdoor safe heavy-based fry pan to a medium heat.
- Cook off the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add celery and capsicum and gently sauté until softened.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 2-3minutes until rice is thoroughly coated in oil and ingredients and starting to look translucent.
- Add in preserved lemon, lemon zest and saffron and stirr.
- Add stock stir to evenly distribute and bring to the boil. No more stirring should be necessary, reduce to a medium heat. When the rice begins to swell and a rolling simmer is consistent or after 12-15minutes, Place the butter cubes evenly all over the paella and allow it to sink in without stirring.
- Then scatter pippis across the surface of the paella.
- Allow further cooking for five minutes before slightly burying the pippis in the rice.
- Scatter fish (or larger pieces of scallops so they can cook for longer) over the surface of the paella, cook for five minutes.
- Scatter scallops and chilli all over the surface of the paella and drizzle lobster oil and lemon juice all over, cook for approximately another five minutes.
- As soon as seafood is just cooked through, sprinkle parsley all over the surface, place lemon wedges and serve in the centre of your diners.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Mitolo, Vermentino & Fiano.
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Dairy free – optional- use all EVOO instead of butter
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...