- 4 thick slices day-old Italian bread (Ciabatta or Pane di Casa)
- 6 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ripe truss tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. baby capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 large ball fresh buffalo mozzarella (150-200g)
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ cup picked basil leaves, roughly torn
- ½ cup picked Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place into a small bowl. Drizzle over 2 tbsp. olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Toss to combine and transfer to a baking tray. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 7-10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Cut tomatoes and cucumber into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl along with the onion and capers. Tear the mozzarella into bites-sized pieces and add to other ingredients, toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the vinegar, mustard, garlic and a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and whisk to combine. Gradually drizzle in the remaining olive oil, whisking continuously until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Add in the herbs and stir to coat.
- Add the bread to the salad bowl and pour over the dressing. Gently toss to coat all ingredients. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes to allow dressing to soak through the bread and infuse the flavours. Gently re-toss the salad just before serving, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and a sprinkle with a little salt and cracked black pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...