Pearl Cous Cous Salad
- 400g Pearl cous cous
- ½ bunch of kale, leaves peeled from stork
- ½ bunch of spinach, leaves peeled from stork
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 bunch chervil
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Yoghurt
- ½ broccoli, roasted
- 2 Red peppers, roasted
- 2 Yellow peppers, roasted
- 2 Zucchini, roasted
- 4 Tbsp Raisins
- Pre-roast your Broccoli, Peppers and Zucchini until they have charred and softened. 180 degree oven for 20-30 mins then allow them to cool.
- Add your Pearl couscous to a pot, add the stock and simmer away. For the best outcome, cook your couscous like risotto or you can do the absorption method like rice – 1 part couscous to 2 parts stock.
- Take the kale and Spinach leaves off the stalk and blanch them in a pot of boiling water for 10-15 secs and then transfer to a bowl of iced water to keep the leaves green.
- Add your blanched leaves, yoghurt, vinegar, mustard, chives and lemon juice to a blender and blitz together to make your salad dressing.
- Cut up your whole roasted veg into bite sized pieces then add to a mixing bowl with your raisins.
- Once all of the stock is absorbed and al dente, add your pearl couscous and dressing to the mixing bowl and combine well.
Transfer to a salad bowl and it’s ready to serve.