Pineapple Fried RiceElena Duggan
- 1 large Pineapple
- 500g Leftover steamed/ boiled brown rice
- 50g Coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 medium Red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only (reserve stalks and roots for a green curry paste)
- 1 long Red chili, finely sliced, for presentation
- 1 Lime, cheeks only for presentation
- 25g Fried shallots
- Valcom Red Curry Paste OR
- 10g Turmeric or 10g curry powder
- 20g ABC Extra Hot Chilli Sauce
- 20g Obento Japanese Soy Sauce
- 20g Squid Brand Fish sauce
Protein Options (a combination is also fine)
- 250g Chicken thighs, diced, or;
- 250g Ham, diced, or;
- 250g Prawn flesh, diced
- Replace meat protein with extra eggs for vegetarian option, or tofu for vegan option in which case replace fish sauce with salt to taste.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 130° Celsius.
- Cut pineapple in half along the length. Scoop out stringy core first and discard. Carefully scoop out almost all of the flesh, leaving shell intact with approximately 1-2 cm widths around all edges.
- Place open side up on an oven tray and gently warm through whilst cooking the fried rice – maximum 25 minutes.
- Whilst pineapple is in oven, dice remaining pineapple flesh into roughly 1.5cm cubes and set aside.
- Heat ½ coconut oil in wok to high.
- Stir-fry meat of choice and set aside.
- Stir-fry onions, capsicum, garlic, turmeric, sambal until fragrant and slightly softened, then set aside.
- Add remaining coconut oil in wok and allow returning to high heat before adding the rice. Stir while frying to ensure at least half the rice has a toasted texture and flavour.
- Add meat, pineapple and vegetable mix and stir through to combine.
- Add eggs, break up yolk and stir through.
- Add sauces and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Fill the pineapple shells with fried rice, and serve with your choice of topping, chili’s, coriander, crispy shallots and/or fresh lime.
- You can add all proteins if you wish or more eggs to increase good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, by adding additional diced vegies to increase nutrient density.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
- Vegetarian option
- Vegan option
- Pescatarian option
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...