Pineapple Fried RiceElena Duggan
- 1 large Pineapple
- 500g Leftover steamed/ boiled brown rice
- 50g Coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 medium Red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only (reserve stalks and roots for a green curry paste)
- 1 long Red chili, finely sliced, for presentation
- 1 Lime, cheeks only for presentation
- 25g Fried shallots
- Valcom Red Curry Paste OR
- 10g Turmeric or 10g curry powder
- 20g ABC Extra Hot Chilli Sauce
- 20g Obento Japanese Soy Sauce
- 20g Squid Brand Fish sauce
Protein Options (a combination is also fine)
- 250g Chicken thighs, diced, or;
- 250g Ham, diced, or;
- 250g Prawn flesh, diced
- Replace meat protein with extra eggs for vegetarian option, or tofu for vegan option in which case replace fish sauce with salt to taste.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 130° Celsius.
- Cut pineapple in half along the length. Scoop out stringy core first and discard. Carefully scoop out almost all of the flesh, leaving shell intact with approximately 1-2 cm widths around all edges.
- Place open side up on an oven tray and gently warm through whilst cooking the fried rice – maximum 25 minutes.
- Whilst pineapple is in oven, dice remaining pineapple flesh into roughly 1.5cm cubes and set aside.
- Heat ½ coconut oil in wok to high.
- Stir-fry meat of choice and set aside.
- Stir-fry onions, capsicum, garlic, turmeric, sambal until fragrant and slightly softened, then set aside.
- Add remaining coconut oil in wok and allow returning to high heat before adding the rice. Stir while frying to ensure at least half the rice has a toasted texture and flavour.
- Add meat, pineapple and vegetable mix and stir through to combine.
- Add eggs, break up yolk and stir through.
- Add sauces and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Fill the pineapple shells with fried rice, and serve with your choice of topping, chili’s, coriander, crispy shallots and/or fresh lime.
- You can add all proteins if you wish or more eggs to increase good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, by adding additional diced vegies to increase nutrient density.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
- Vegetarian option
- Vegan option
- Pescatarian option
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...