Pineapple Fried RiceElena Duggan
- 1 large Pineapple
- 500g Leftover steamed/ boiled brown rice
- 50g Coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 medium Red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only (reserve stalks and roots for a green curry paste)
- 1 long Red chili, finely sliced, for presentation
- 1 Lime, cheeks only for presentation
- 25g Fried shallots
- Valcom Red Curry Paste OR
- 10g Turmeric or 10g curry powder
- 20g ABC Extra Hot Chilli Sauce
- 20g Obento Japanese Soy Sauce
- 20g Squid Brand Fish sauce
Protein Options (a combination is also fine)
- 250g Chicken thighs, diced, or;
- 250g Ham, diced, or;
- 250g Prawn flesh, diced
- Replace meat protein with extra eggs for vegetarian option, or tofu for vegan option in which case replace fish sauce with salt to taste.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 130° Celsius.
- Cut pineapple in half along the length. Scoop out stringy core first and discard. Carefully scoop out almost all of the flesh, leaving shell intact with approximately 1-2 cm widths around all edges.
- Place open side up on an oven tray and gently warm through whilst cooking the fried rice – maximum 25 minutes.
- Whilst pineapple is in oven, dice remaining pineapple flesh into roughly 1.5cm cubes and set aside.
- Heat ½ coconut oil in wok to high.
- Stir-fry meat of choice and set aside.
- Stir-fry onions, capsicum, garlic, turmeric, sambal until fragrant and slightly softened, then set aside.
- Add remaining coconut oil in wok and allow returning to high heat before adding the rice. Stir while frying to ensure at least half the rice has a toasted texture and flavour.
- Add meat, pineapple and vegetable mix and stir through to combine.
- Add eggs, break up yolk and stir through.
- Add sauces and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Fill the pineapple shells with fried rice, and serve with your choice of topping, chili’s, coriander, crispy shallots and/or fresh lime.
- You can add all proteins if you wish or more eggs to increase good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, by adding additional diced vegies to increase nutrient density.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
- Vegetarian option
- Vegan option
- Pescatarian option
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...