Pineapple Fried RiceElena Duggan
- 1 large Pineapple
- 500g Leftover steamed/ boiled brown rice
- 50g Coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- ½ bunch Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 medium Red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- ½ bunch Coriander, leaves only (reserve stalks and roots for a green curry paste)
- 1 long Red chili, finely sliced, for presentation
- 1 Lime, cheeks only for presentation
- 25g Fried shallots
- Valcom Red Curry Paste OR
- 10g Turmeric or 10g curry powder
- 20g ABC Extra Hot Chilli Sauce
- 20g Obento Japanese Soy Sauce
- 20g Squid Brand Fish sauce
Protein Options (a combination is also fine)
- 250g Chicken thighs, diced, or;
- 250g Ham, diced, or;
- 250g Prawn flesh, diced
- Replace meat protein with extra eggs for vegetarian option, or tofu for vegan option in which case replace fish sauce with salt to taste.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 130° Celsius.
- Cut pineapple in half along the length. Scoop out stringy core first and discard. Carefully scoop out almost all of the flesh, leaving shell intact with approximately 1-2 cm widths around all edges.
- Place open side up on an oven tray and gently warm through whilst cooking the fried rice – maximum 25 minutes.
- Whilst pineapple is in oven, dice remaining pineapple flesh into roughly 1.5cm cubes and set aside.
- Heat ½ coconut oil in wok to high.
- Stir-fry meat of choice and set aside.
- Stir-fry onions, capsicum, garlic, turmeric, sambal until fragrant and slightly softened, then set aside.
- Add remaining coconut oil in wok and allow returning to high heat before adding the rice. Stir while frying to ensure at least half the rice has a toasted texture and flavour.
- Add meat, pineapple and vegetable mix and stir through to combine.
- Add eggs, break up yolk and stir through.
- Add sauces and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Fill the pineapple shells with fried rice, and serve with your choice of topping, chili’s, coriander, crispy shallots and/or fresh lime.
- You can add all proteins if you wish or more eggs to increase good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, by adding additional diced vegies to increase nutrient density.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
- Vegetarian option
- Vegan option
- Pescatarian option
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...