Pippi’s, Pancetta, Garlic and Crusty BreadTobie Puttock
- 8 slices pancetta, cut into batons
- 1kg fresh clams or vongole, washed
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1-2 small red chili’s, finely minced
- 50ml chardonnay or other white wine.
- Small bunch of parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
- Crusty bread for serving
- Cracked pepper
- Place a large pot over a low/ medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook stirring from time to time until the pancetta is crispy and much of the fat has rendered out. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- If the pan is dry add the oil, if there is an abundance of pancetta fat, even better. Add the garlic and the chilli and cook over a medium heat As the garlic starts to sizzle add the clams, increase the heat to high and stir with a wooden spoon to distribute the garlic and chilli, pop the lid on the pot.
- After a minute or so lift the lid and check in the pot, the clams should be starting to open. Once they have all opened stir through the parsley, season with cracked pepper and serve immediately with the crispy pancetta spoon over the clams and of course some crusty bread.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...