Pippi’s, Pancetta, Garlic and Crusty BreadTobie Puttock
- 8 slices pancetta, cut into batons
- 1kg fresh clams or vongole, washed
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1-2 small red chili’s, finely minced
- 50ml chardonnay or other white wine.
- Small bunch of parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
- Crusty bread for serving
- Cracked pepper
- Place a large pot over a low/ medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook stirring from time to time until the pancetta is crispy and much of the fat has rendered out. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- If the pan is dry add the oil, if there is an abundance of pancetta fat, even better. Add the garlic and the chilli and cook over a medium heat As the garlic starts to sizzle add the clams, increase the heat to high and stir with a wooden spoon to distribute the garlic and chilli, pop the lid on the pot.
- After a minute or so lift the lid and check in the pot, the clams should be starting to open. Once they have all opened stir through the parsley, season with cracked pepper and serve immediately with the crispy pancetta spoon over the clams and of course some crusty bread.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...