Pippi’s, Pancetta, Garlic and Crusty BreadTobie Puttock
- 8 slices pancetta, cut into batons
- 1kg fresh clams or vongole, washed
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1-2 small red chili’s, finely minced
- 50ml chardonnay or other white wine.
- Small bunch of parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
- Crusty bread for serving
- Cracked pepper
- Place a large pot over a low/ medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook stirring from time to time until the pancetta is crispy and much of the fat has rendered out. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- If the pan is dry add the oil, if there is an abundance of pancetta fat, even better. Add the garlic and the chilli and cook over a medium heat As the garlic starts to sizzle add the clams, increase the heat to high and stir with a wooden spoon to distribute the garlic and chilli, pop the lid on the pot.
- After a minute or so lift the lid and check in the pot, the clams should be starting to open. Once they have all opened stir through the parsley, season with cracked pepper and serve immediately with the crispy pancetta spoon over the clams and of course some crusty bread.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...