Pippi’s, Pancetta, Garlic and Crusty BreadTobie Puttock
- 8 slices pancetta, cut into batons
- 1kg fresh clams or vongole, washed
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1-2 small red chili’s, finely minced
- 50ml chardonnay or other white wine.
- Small bunch of parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
- Crusty bread for serving
- Cracked pepper
- Place a large pot over a low/ medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook stirring from time to time until the pancetta is crispy and much of the fat has rendered out. Use a slotted spoon to remove the pancetta and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- If the pan is dry add the oil, if there is an abundance of pancetta fat, even better. Add the garlic and the chilli and cook over a medium heat As the garlic starts to sizzle add the clams, increase the heat to high and stir with a wooden spoon to distribute the garlic and chilli, pop the lid on the pot.
- After a minute or so lift the lid and check in the pot, the clams should be starting to open. Once they have all opened stir through the parsley, season with cracked pepper and serve immediately with the crispy pancetta spoon over the clams and of course some crusty bread.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Fiano.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...