Pork Belly Noodle SoupLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel
- Pork Belly
- Wood ear Mushrooms (rehydrate)
- Spring Onions
- Cinnamon Stick
- Sichuan peppercorns
- Crispy Chilli Oil
- 1 tbs Soy Sauce
- A few drops of Sesame Oil
- 1L Massel Chicken Stock
- Noodles (pre-blanched)
- Score your pork belly on the skin and rub salt on it to get the crispiest crackling possible. Then place it in an air fryer for 30 mins at 200 degrees. When it’s done, rest for 10mins before slicing.
- Take your Cinnamon stick, Sichuan peppercorns, sliced ginger and the whites of the spring onions and begin toasting them in a dry pot. This will activate the flavour to increase the flavour of your broth.
- Once the aromats start to smoke, go in with your stock and bring it to a simmer. You can also add some of the mushrooms at this point to add extra flavour. Simmer this broth for as long as your pork is cooking.
- When the broth is ready, pass it off and then season it with soy sauce and some sesame oil.
- Once your pork is rested, slice it into thin slices.
- Place your pre-blanched noodles in your bowl with some mushrooms & a few slices of pork, followed by your broth.
- Garnish with some crispy chilli oil and green spring onions.