Potato and Rosemary WafflesMike Reid
Serves 2 or 4
- 50g Butter – Unsalted
- 150ml Buttermilk
- 50ml Double Cream
- 3 Free Range Eggs, plus 2 for topping (fried)
- 125g Plain Flour
- 100ml Whole Milk
- Parmesan 50g grated
- 240g Dutch cream potatoes, grated
- Few sprigs Rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Bring to the boil the milk, cream, salt & butter.
- Add flour and stir through for 1 minute
- Turn the heat off and add the eggs, buttermilk and cream
- Add to a food processor and blend on medium speed until a smooth consistency is created.
- Peel the potato and fine grate.
- Grate the parmesan.
- Hand pick the rosemary and fine chop.
- Evenly combine all products.
- Oil the waffle machine, pour the mix onto the machine and cook on both sides until golden brown.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...