Prawn and Vegetable Fritto MistoTobie Puttock
- For the batter
- 2 1/4 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sea salt
- 2.5 cups sparkling water
For the Fritto
- 8 prawns, deveined leaving the head and tail intact
- 200g white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 lemons, 1 very finely sliced, 1 quartered
- Handful of freshly picked flat leaf parsley.
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 175C.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, a good pinch of salt and the sparkling water in a large mixing bowl until smooth. The batter should ribbon like a pancake batter.
- Lightly batter the seafood and vegetables and carefully lower into the hot oil and fry for 2-4 minutes. It’s best to do this in batches draining the cooked fish/vegetables on kitchen paper once done.
- Serve with a pinch of sea salt and a wedge of lemon.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...