Prawn and Vegetable Fritto MistoTobie Puttock
- For the batter
- 2 1/4 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sea salt
- 2.5 cups sparkling water
For the Fritto
- 8 prawns, deveined leaving the head and tail intact
- 200g white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 lemons, 1 very finely sliced, 1 quartered
- Handful of freshly picked flat leaf parsley.
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 175C.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, a good pinch of salt and the sparkling water in a large mixing bowl until smooth. The batter should ribbon like a pancake batter.
- Lightly batter the seafood and vegetables and carefully lower into the hot oil and fry for 2-4 minutes. It’s best to do this in batches draining the cooked fish/vegetables on kitchen paper once done.
- Serve with a pinch of sea salt and a wedge of lemon.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...