Prawn and Vegetable Fritto MistoTobie Puttock
- For the batter
- 2 1/4 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sea salt
- 2.5 cups sparkling water
For the Fritto
- 8 prawns, deveined leaving the head and tail intact
- 200g white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 lemons, 1 very finely sliced, 1 quartered
- Handful of freshly picked flat leaf parsley.
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 175C.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, a good pinch of salt and the sparkling water in a large mixing bowl until smooth. The batter should ribbon like a pancake batter.
- Lightly batter the seafood and vegetables and carefully lower into the hot oil and fry for 2-4 minutes. It’s best to do this in batches draining the cooked fish/vegetables on kitchen paper once done.
- Serve with a pinch of sea salt and a wedge of lemon.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...