Prawn and Vegetable Fritto MistoTobie Puttock
- For the batter
- 2 1/4 cups rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sea salt
- 2.5 cups sparkling water
For the Fritto
- 8 prawns, deveined leaving the head and tail intact
- 200g white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 2 lemons, 1 very finely sliced, 1 quartered
- Handful of freshly picked flat leaf parsley.
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large pot to 175C.
- While the oil is heating, whisk together the rice flour, baking powder, a good pinch of salt and the sparkling water in a large mixing bowl until smooth. The batter should ribbon like a pancake batter.
- Lightly batter the seafood and vegetables and carefully lower into the hot oil and fry for 2-4 minutes. It’s best to do this in batches draining the cooked fish/vegetables on kitchen paper once done.
- Serve with a pinch of sea salt and a wedge of lemon.
For chef quality results, we recommend using Anolon cookware!
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...