Rice PilaffKathy Tsaples
- 1 1⁄2 cups of basmati rice or long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- Start off with excellent homemade chicken stock. Commercially bought stock will be okay if you don’t have the homemade variety.
- Wash your rice thoroughly.
- Using a pan with a lid, heat the oil then add the rice. Toast gently. Add the salt and butter, and continue to stir.
- Add the chicken stock. Be careful as the hot stock will bubble profusely. Put the lid on and simmer until you see little pockets of holes on the surface of the rice.
- Turn off the stove. Lift the lid, place a clean tea towel on top of the rice, then fit the lid on.
- Leave for about 10–15 minutes.
- Take the lid and tea towel away. Using a fork, fluff up your rice and serve.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...