Rice PilaffKathy Tsaples
- 1 1⁄2 cups of basmati rice or long-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of hot chicken stock
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- Start off with excellent homemade chicken stock. Commercially bought stock will be okay if you don’t have the homemade variety.
- Wash your rice thoroughly.
- Using a pan with a lid, heat the oil then add the rice. Toast gently. Add the salt and butter, and continue to stir.
- Add the chicken stock. Be careful as the hot stock will bubble profusely. Put the lid on and simmer until you see little pockets of holes on the surface of the rice.
- Turn off the stove. Lift the lid, place a clean tea towel on top of the rice, then fit the lid on.
- Leave for about 10–15 minutes.
- Take the lid and tea towel away. Using a fork, fluff up your rice and serve.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...