Roasted Lamb RackElena Duggan
- 50g Australian extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 25g Anchovies and oil
- 75g Capers, drained and patted dry
- 500g Brussels sprouts, washed and shredded
- 150g Baby green peas, fresh if possible
- 1bunch Mint leaves, shredded
- 1kg Chat Potatoes
- 500g approx. Lamb rack, grass fed, organic
- 2 x Lemons, zest for lamb, reserve juice for sprouts
- Murray River (pink) Salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Pre-boil potatoes with skin on, until cooked through and starting to collapse. Drain well and allow most steam to escape. Put into a baking dish and gently squash each potato with a fork, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil to evenly cover the potatoes and a good sprinkle of salt. Roast at 220-250° Celsius for about 20 minutes before rotating and roasting for another 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Season lamb with salt, lemon zest and olive oil. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and brown the lamb well, meaty side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and brown the other sides and ends for a further 2 minutes. Transfer racks to a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes for medium rare or until the internal temperature is 60-65° Celsius. Remove the lamb and place onto a warm serving platter. Cover loosely with foil, and leave to rest for about 8 minutes (approx. half the cooking time) before carving.
- Heat olive oil and anchovies in a frying pan or wok over medium to high heat, and then heat through until fragrant and anchovies are broken apart. Add capers until starting to “flower” or open up and crisp. Throw in shredded sprouts, then stir-fry until just cooked through, ensure they’re still vibrant in colour. Add peas and stir through until just warmed through. Remain on high heat without stirring for a couple of minutes to allow some of the sprouts to brown and crisp. Remove from heat. Toss through shredded mint and lemon juice to taste, before serving.
- Serve all separately on dishes all in the centre of a table for family to share.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...