Roasted Lamb RackElena Duggan
- 50g Australian extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 25g Anchovies and oil
- 75g Capers, drained and patted dry
- 500g Brussels sprouts, washed and shredded
- 150g Baby green peas, fresh if possible
- 1bunch Mint leaves, shredded
- 1kg Chat Potatoes
- 500g approx. Lamb rack, grass fed, organic
- 2 x Lemons, zest for lamb, reserve juice for sprouts
- Murray River (pink) Salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Pre-boil potatoes with skin on, until cooked through and starting to collapse. Drain well and allow most steam to escape. Put into a baking dish and gently squash each potato with a fork, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil to evenly cover the potatoes and a good sprinkle of salt. Roast at 220-250° Celsius for about 20 minutes before rotating and roasting for another 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Season lamb with salt, lemon zest and olive oil. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and brown the lamb well, meaty side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and brown the other sides and ends for a further 2 minutes. Transfer racks to a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes for medium rare or until the internal temperature is 60-65° Celsius. Remove the lamb and place onto a warm serving platter. Cover loosely with foil, and leave to rest for about 8 minutes (approx. half the cooking time) before carving.
- Heat olive oil and anchovies in a frying pan or wok over medium to high heat, and then heat through until fragrant and anchovies are broken apart. Add capers until starting to “flower” or open up and crisp. Throw in shredded sprouts, then stir-fry until just cooked through, ensure they’re still vibrant in colour. Add peas and stir through until just warmed through. Remain on high heat without stirring for a couple of minutes to allow some of the sprouts to brown and crisp. Remove from heat. Toss through shredded mint and lemon juice to taste, before serving.
- Serve all separately on dishes all in the centre of a table for family to share.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...