Roasted Lamb RackElena Duggan
- 50g Australian extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 25g Anchovies and oil
- 75g Capers, drained and patted dry
- 500g Brussels sprouts, washed and shredded
- 150g Baby green peas, fresh if possible
- 1bunch Mint leaves, shredded
- 1kg Chat Potatoes
- 500g approx. Lamb rack, grass fed, organic
- 2 x Lemons, zest for lamb, reserve juice for sprouts
- Murray River (pink) Salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Pre-boil potatoes with skin on, until cooked through and starting to collapse. Drain well and allow most steam to escape. Put into a baking dish and gently squash each potato with a fork, drizzle a generous amount of olive oil to evenly cover the potatoes and a good sprinkle of salt. Roast at 220-250° Celsius for about 20 minutes before rotating and roasting for another 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Season lamb with salt, lemon zest and olive oil. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and brown the lamb well, meaty side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and brown the other sides and ends for a further 2 minutes. Transfer racks to a roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes for medium rare or until the internal temperature is 60-65° Celsius. Remove the lamb and place onto a warm serving platter. Cover loosely with foil, and leave to rest for about 8 minutes (approx. half the cooking time) before carving.
- Heat olive oil and anchovies in a frying pan or wok over medium to high heat, and then heat through until fragrant and anchovies are broken apart. Add capers until starting to “flower” or open up and crisp. Throw in shredded sprouts, then stir-fry until just cooked through, ensure they’re still vibrant in colour. Add peas and stir through until just warmed through. Remain on high heat without stirring for a couple of minutes to allow some of the sprouts to brown and crisp. Remove from heat. Toss through shredded mint and lemon juice to taste, before serving.
- Serve all separately on dishes all in the centre of a table for family to share.
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Dairy Free
- Paleo Friendly
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...