Roasted Lamb Zucchini BoatsElena Duggan
- 1kg Zucchini or 4 large zucchinis, sliced in half lengthways
- 500g Lamb mince
- 150g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 150g / 1lge Tomato, finely diced
- 150g Passata
- 5 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 10g Rosemary, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 10g Oregano, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 25g Basil, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1lge Egg
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- EVOO to drizzle
- Replace lamb mince with 500g finely diced or grated mix of carrot and sweet potato for a vegetarian option.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the flesh from the zucchini halves, leaving a shell of between 5-10mm. Finely diced the flesh.
- In a bowl, mix together all other ingredients, using your hands to ensure thoroughly combined.
- Pack mix into the zucchini boats quite tightly to create a generous mound on top of each.
- Place filled zucchini boats top to tail in a roasting tray, drizzle with EVOO
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Serve as a snack or main course.
- You can place the remaining passata from the jar along the bottom of the baking dish first; this will create a softer, looser baked zucchini as an alternative. Smothering in tasty cheese can only makes things yummier too.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegetarian, optional
- Dairy free, optional (leave out parmesan)
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...