Roasted Lamb Zucchini BoatsElena Duggan
- 1kg Zucchini or 4 large zucchinis, sliced in half lengthways
- 500g Lamb mince
- 150g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 150g / 1lge Tomato, finely diced
- 150g Passata
- 5 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 10g Rosemary, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 10g Oregano, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 25g Basil, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1lge Egg
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- EVOO to drizzle
- Replace lamb mince with 500g finely diced or grated mix of carrot and sweet potato for a vegetarian option.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the flesh from the zucchini halves, leaving a shell of between 5-10mm. Finely diced the flesh.
- In a bowl, mix together all other ingredients, using your hands to ensure thoroughly combined.
- Pack mix into the zucchini boats quite tightly to create a generous mound on top of each.
- Place filled zucchini boats top to tail in a roasting tray, drizzle with EVOO
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Serve as a snack or main course.
- You can place the remaining passata from the jar along the bottom of the baking dish first; this will create a softer, looser baked zucchini as an alternative. Smothering in tasty cheese can only makes things yummier too.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegetarian, optional
- Dairy free, optional (leave out parmesan)
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...