Roasted Lamb Zucchini BoatsElena Duggan
- 1kg Zucchini or 4 large zucchinis, sliced in half lengthways
- 500g Lamb mince
- 150g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 150g / 1lge Tomato, finely diced
- 150g Passata
- 5 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 10g Rosemary, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 10g Oregano, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 25g Basil, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1lge Egg
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- EVOO to drizzle
- Replace lamb mince with 500g finely diced or grated mix of carrot and sweet potato for a vegetarian option.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the flesh from the zucchini halves, leaving a shell of between 5-10mm. Finely diced the flesh.
- In a bowl, mix together all other ingredients, using your hands to ensure thoroughly combined.
- Pack mix into the zucchini boats quite tightly to create a generous mound on top of each.
- Place filled zucchini boats top to tail in a roasting tray, drizzle with EVOO
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Serve as a snack or main course.
- You can place the remaining passata from the jar along the bottom of the baking dish first; this will create a softer, looser baked zucchini as an alternative. Smothering in tasty cheese can only makes things yummier too.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegetarian, optional
- Dairy free, optional (leave out parmesan)
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...