Roasted Lamb Zucchini BoatsElena Duggan
- 1kg Zucchini or 4 large zucchinis, sliced in half lengthways
- 500g Lamb mince
- 150g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 150g / 1lge Tomato, finely diced
- 150g Passata
- 5 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 10g Rosemary, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 10g Oregano, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 25g Basil, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1lge Egg
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- EVOO to drizzle
- Replace lamb mince with 500g finely diced or grated mix of carrot and sweet potato for a vegetarian option.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the flesh from the zucchini halves, leaving a shell of between 5-10mm. Finely diced the flesh.
- In a bowl, mix together all other ingredients, using your hands to ensure thoroughly combined.
- Pack mix into the zucchini boats quite tightly to create a generous mound on top of each.
- Place filled zucchini boats top to tail in a roasting tray, drizzle with EVOO
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Serve as a snack or main course.
- You can place the remaining passata from the jar along the bottom of the baking dish first; this will create a softer, looser baked zucchini as an alternative. Smothering in tasty cheese can only makes things yummier too.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegetarian, optional
- Dairy free, optional (leave out parmesan)
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...