Roasted Lamb Zucchini BoatsElena Duggan
- 1kg Zucchini or 4 large zucchinis, sliced in half lengthways
- 500g Lamb mince
- 150g / 1lge Onion, finely diced
- 150g / 1lge Tomato, finely diced
- 150g Passata
- 5 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 10g Rosemary, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 10g Oregano, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 25g Basil, fresh, leaves only, finely diced
- 100g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1lge Egg
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- EVOO to drizzle
- Replace lamb mince with 500g finely diced or grated mix of carrot and sweet potato for a vegetarian option.
- Preheat your fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out the flesh from the zucchini halves, leaving a shell of between 5-10mm. Finely diced the flesh.
- In a bowl, mix together all other ingredients, using your hands to ensure thoroughly combined.
- Pack mix into the zucchini boats quite tightly to create a generous mound on top of each.
- Place filled zucchini boats top to tail in a roasting tray, drizzle with EVOO
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Serve as a snack or main course.
- You can place the remaining passata from the jar along the bottom of the baking dish first; this will create a softer, looser baked zucchini as an alternative. Smothering in tasty cheese can only makes things yummier too.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Vegetarian, optional
- Dairy free, optional (leave out parmesan)
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...