Roasted Root Vegie & Bean SaladElena Duggan
- 500g mixed coloured heirloom carrots
- 500g mixed shaped radishes
- 1 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp sumac, ground
- 100g firm feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 french shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Honey or Stevia to taste
- Preheat fan forced oven to 150° Celsius.
- Ensure carrots and radishes are well cleaned and brushed whilst keeping up to 1cm of their stalks in tact.
- Cut radishes and carrots into halves, quarters and different lengths. Toss them in olive oil, spices and salt and place in a baking dish, scatter to ensure one even layer and no overcrowding.
- Roast vegetables at ° Celsius for 30 minutes or until al dente, toss to loosen. Increase temperature to 180 and roast for a further 10minutes or until some of the edges are getting brown and crispy.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine vinegar, pepper and salt and toss through shallots and allow to stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Add olive oil, herbs and beans to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Place roasted vegies in pile of colour and shapes on a platter. Spoon over beans and dressing mix.
- Drizzle over remaining dressing and sprinkle over feta. Garnish with reserved herbs.
- Goat’s cheese can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...