Roasted Root Vegie & Bean SaladElena Duggan
- 500g mixed coloured heirloom carrots
- 500g mixed shaped radishes
- 1 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp sumac, ground
- 100g firm feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 french shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Honey or Stevia to taste
- Preheat fan forced oven to 150° Celsius.
- Ensure carrots and radishes are well cleaned and brushed whilst keeping up to 1cm of their stalks in tact.
- Cut radishes and carrots into halves, quarters and different lengths. Toss them in olive oil, spices and salt and place in a baking dish, scatter to ensure one even layer and no overcrowding.
- Roast vegetables at ° Celsius for 30 minutes or until al dente, toss to loosen. Increase temperature to 180 and roast for a further 10minutes or until some of the edges are getting brown and crispy.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine vinegar, pepper and salt and toss through shallots and allow to stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Add olive oil, herbs and beans to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Place roasted vegies in pile of colour and shapes on a platter. Spoon over beans and dressing mix.
- Drizzle over remaining dressing and sprinkle over feta. Garnish with reserved herbs.
- Goat’s cheese can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...