Roasted Root Vegie & Bean SaladElena Duggan
- 500g mixed coloured heirloom carrots
- 500g mixed shaped radishes
- 1 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup fresh oregano, leaves only
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp sumac, ground
- 100g firm feta, crumbled
- 1 tsp salt, Murray River pink
- 100g EVOO, Australian
- 50gg Red wine vinegar
- 3 french shallots, finely diced
- White pepper, to taste
- Murray River salt, to taste
- Honey or Stevia to taste
- Preheat fan forced oven to 150° Celsius.
- Ensure carrots and radishes are well cleaned and brushed whilst keeping up to 1cm of their stalks in tact.
- Cut radishes and carrots into halves, quarters and different lengths. Toss them in olive oil, spices and salt and place in a baking dish, scatter to ensure one even layer and no overcrowding.
- Roast vegetables at ° Celsius for 30 minutes or until al dente, toss to loosen. Increase temperature to 180 and roast for a further 10minutes or until some of the edges are getting brown and crispy.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine vinegar, pepper and salt and toss through shallots and allow to stand for 15-30 minutes.
- Add olive oil, herbs and beans to vinegar shallot mixture and gently toss through.
- Place roasted vegies in pile of colour and shapes on a platter. Spoon over beans and dressing mix.
- Drizzle over remaining dressing and sprinkle over feta. Garnish with reserved herbs.
- Goat’s cheese can be replaced with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free or vegan alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
- Vegan option
- Paleo option
- Low fructose/ sugar free
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...