Roasted Veggie HummusElena Duggan
- 1 can 400g Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- ¼ Kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large Lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 150g EVOO, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Sumac, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Murray River salt
- 75g Tahini
- 25g Sesame seeds for presentation
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius, fan forced.
- Toss vegetables, lemon and garlic in EVOO and salt, and roast for 90 minutes until thoroughly softened and caramelised. Remove from oven and sprinkle over spices and toss through, increase temperature to 150° Celsius, fan forces and roast for a further 10 minutes to toast spices.
- Remove vegetables and allow cooling for up to 30 minutes.
- Place vegetables, lemon, crushed garlic, all pan juices and oils to a high speed blender along with the chickpeas and tahini.
- Blitz on high until smooth, scrape down sides between blitzing if necessary.
- Serve with an extra of EVOO, spices and sesame seeds.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, crisps or flat bread as desired.
- You can use any singular root vegetable rather than all three, whatever you have access to, is on special or in season.
- Serve with roasted chickpeas or chicknuts for additional crunchy garnish
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose/ Minimal Sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...