Roasted Veggie HummusElena Duggan
- 1 can 400g Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- ¼ Kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large Lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 150g EVOO, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Sumac, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Murray River salt
- 75g Tahini
- 25g Sesame seeds for presentation
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius, fan forced.
- Toss vegetables, lemon and garlic in EVOO and salt, and roast for 90 minutes until thoroughly softened and caramelised. Remove from oven and sprinkle over spices and toss through, increase temperature to 150° Celsius, fan forces and roast for a further 10 minutes to toast spices.
- Remove vegetables and allow cooling for up to 30 minutes.
- Place vegetables, lemon, crushed garlic, all pan juices and oils to a high speed blender along with the chickpeas and tahini.
- Blitz on high until smooth, scrape down sides between blitzing if necessary.
- Serve with an extra of EVOO, spices and sesame seeds.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, crisps or flat bread as desired.
- You can use any singular root vegetable rather than all three, whatever you have access to, is on special or in season.
- Serve with roasted chickpeas or chicknuts for additional crunchy garnish
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose/ Minimal Sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...