Roasted Veggie HummusElena Duggan
- 1 can 400g Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- ¼ Kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large Lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 150g EVOO, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Sumac, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Murray River salt
- 75g Tahini
- 25g Sesame seeds for presentation
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius, fan forced.
- Toss vegetables, lemon and garlic in EVOO and salt, and roast for 90 minutes until thoroughly softened and caramelised. Remove from oven and sprinkle over spices and toss through, increase temperature to 150° Celsius, fan forces and roast for a further 10 minutes to toast spices.
- Remove vegetables and allow cooling for up to 30 minutes.
- Place vegetables, lemon, crushed garlic, all pan juices and oils to a high speed blender along with the chickpeas and tahini.
- Blitz on high until smooth, scrape down sides between blitzing if necessary.
- Serve with an extra of EVOO, spices and sesame seeds.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, crisps or flat bread as desired.
- You can use any singular root vegetable rather than all three, whatever you have access to, is on special or in season.
- Serve with roasted chickpeas or chicknuts for additional crunchy garnish
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose/ Minimal Sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...