Roasted Veggie HummusElena Duggan
- 1 can 400g Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- ¼ Kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large Lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 150g EVOO, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Sumac, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Murray River salt
- 75g Tahini
- 25g Sesame seeds for presentation
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius, fan forced.
- Toss vegetables, lemon and garlic in EVOO and salt, and roast for 90 minutes until thoroughly softened and caramelised. Remove from oven and sprinkle over spices and toss through, increase temperature to 150° Celsius, fan forces and roast for a further 10 minutes to toast spices.
- Remove vegetables and allow cooling for up to 30 minutes.
- Place vegetables, lemon, crushed garlic, all pan juices and oils to a high speed blender along with the chickpeas and tahini.
- Blitz on high until smooth, scrape down sides between blitzing if necessary.
- Serve with an extra of EVOO, spices and sesame seeds.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, crisps or flat bread as desired.
- You can use any singular root vegetable rather than all three, whatever you have access to, is on special or in season.
- Serve with roasted chickpeas or chicknuts for additional crunchy garnish
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose/ Minimal Sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...