Roasted Veggie HummusElena Duggan
- 1 can 400g Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- ¼ Kent pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large Lemon
- 6 cloves garlic
- 150g EVOO, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Sumac, ground, extra for presentation
- 1 tsp Murray River salt
- 75g Tahini
- 25g Sesame seeds for presentation
- Preheat oven to 100° Celsius, fan forced.
- Toss vegetables, lemon and garlic in EVOO and salt, and roast for 90 minutes until thoroughly softened and caramelised. Remove from oven and sprinkle over spices and toss through, increase temperature to 150° Celsius, fan forces and roast for a further 10 minutes to toast spices.
- Remove vegetables and allow cooling for up to 30 minutes.
- Place vegetables, lemon, crushed garlic, all pan juices and oils to a high speed blender along with the chickpeas and tahini.
- Blitz on high until smooth, scrape down sides between blitzing if necessary.
- Serve with an extra of EVOO, spices and sesame seeds.
- Serve with vegetable sticks, crisps or flat bread as desired.
- You can use any singular root vegetable rather than all three, whatever you have access to, is on special or in season.
- Serve with roasted chickpeas or chicknuts for additional crunchy garnish
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose/ Minimal Sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...