Rosemary, Pine Nut and Olive Oil CakeElena Duggan
- 200g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g or 4 Eggs (RSPCA approved)
- 200g Almond Meal
- 100g Stevia, powdered or granular
- 1 sp Vanilla paste
- 25g Rosemary leaves, rough dice
- 50g-100g Pine Nuts
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 25g Lemon Juice
- 200g Ricotta / Labne / Greek yoghurt
- 25g Stevia
- Preheat your oven to 160°Celsius fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- Stir olive oil, eggs, almond meal, stevia and vanilla with a spoon in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the lined cake tin. Evenly sprinkle over the diced rosemary leaves all over the surface of the cake, followed by the pine nuts.
- Bake cake for 40 minutes or until the pine nuts are golden and the cake bounces back when touched. Allow the cake to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix, zest, juice, ricotta and stevia thoroughly and serve with cake.
Dehydrated Lemon Slices:
- Thin slices in a preheated oven at 50°Celsius for 2 hours then flip over, 2 hours then flip over, plus 1 hour more.
- Remove from oven and let cool and crisp.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...