Rosemary, Pine Nut and Olive Oil CakeElena Duggan
- 200g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g or 4 Eggs (RSPCA approved)
- 200g Almond Meal
- 100g Stevia, powdered or granular
- 1 sp Vanilla paste
- 25g Rosemary leaves, rough dice
- 50g-100g Pine Nuts
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 25g Lemon Juice
- 200g Ricotta / Labne / Greek yoghurt
- 25g Stevia
- Preheat your oven to 160°Celsius fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- Stir olive oil, eggs, almond meal, stevia and vanilla with a spoon in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the lined cake tin. Evenly sprinkle over the diced rosemary leaves all over the surface of the cake, followed by the pine nuts.
- Bake cake for 40 minutes or until the pine nuts are golden and the cake bounces back when touched. Allow the cake to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix, zest, juice, ricotta and stevia thoroughly and serve with cake.
Dehydrated Lemon Slices:
- Thin slices in a preheated oven at 50°Celsius for 2 hours then flip over, 2 hours then flip over, plus 1 hour more.
- Remove from oven and let cool and crisp.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...