Rosemary, Pine Nut and Olive Oil CakeElena Duggan
- 200g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g or 4 Eggs (RSPCA approved)
- 200g Almond Meal
- 100g Stevia, powdered or granular
- 1 sp Vanilla paste
- 25g Rosemary leaves, rough dice
- 50g-100g Pine Nuts
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 25g Lemon Juice
- 200g Ricotta / Labne / Greek yoghurt
- 25g Stevia
- Preheat your oven to 160°Celsius fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm cake tin.
- Stir olive oil, eggs, almond meal, stevia and vanilla with a spoon in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the lined cake tin. Evenly sprinkle over the diced rosemary leaves all over the surface of the cake, followed by the pine nuts.
- Bake cake for 40 minutes or until the pine nuts are golden and the cake bounces back when touched. Allow the cake to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix, zest, juice, ricotta and stevia thoroughly and serve with cake.
Dehydrated Lemon Slices:
- Thin slices in a preheated oven at 50°Celsius for 2 hours then flip over, 2 hours then flip over, plus 1 hour more.
- Remove from oven and let cool and crisp.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...