Salmon PattiesElena Duggan
- 1 x 415g tinned red or pink salmon, MSC certified, well drained
- 500g Potatoes, steamed, cooled, loosely mashed
- 110g jar capers, well drained or 50g capers
- 1 bunch dill, leaves only, diced
- 5lge spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g Gherkins, drained, finely diced
- ½ bunch chives, finely diced
- 50-100g GF breadcrumbs, to add as you go
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, Murray River, to taste
- To fry
- 100g EVOO
- 100g Butter
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Grain free breadcrumbs or from homemade bread is a good substitute for GF breadcrumbs.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs.
- Add enough breadcrumbs to just combine, not so much to make the mixture dry and crumbly – alongside the egg they acting as a binder.
- Shape mixture into patties around 7cm in diameter, 4cm thick. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oil and butter to medium high in a large heavy based fry pan. Have cooling rack and paper towel on hand to drain excess oil.
- Fry until golden and flip once in batches until cooked through. Drain well and serve whilst hot and crunchy on the outside.
- Serve with mayonnaise for dipping, green salad or serve patties in lettuce cups.
- Ensure all wet ingredients are well drained, use paper towel on capers, dill, onions, gherkins, chives if sieve isn’t sufficient.
- Patties refrigerate well if in an airtight container, great for lunch snacks.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...