Salmon PattiesElena Duggan
- 1 x 415g tinned red or pink salmon, MSC certified, well drained
- 500g Potatoes, steamed, cooled, loosely mashed
- 110g jar capers, well drained or 50g capers
- 1 bunch dill, leaves only, diced
- 5lge spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g Gherkins, drained, finely diced
- ½ bunch chives, finely diced
- 50-100g GF breadcrumbs, to add as you go
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, Murray River, to taste
- To fry
- 100g EVOO
- 100g Butter
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Grain free breadcrumbs or from homemade bread is a good substitute for GF breadcrumbs.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except breadcrumbs.
- Add enough breadcrumbs to just combine, not so much to make the mixture dry and crumbly – alongside the egg they acting as a binder.
- Shape mixture into patties around 7cm in diameter, 4cm thick. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oil and butter to medium high in a large heavy based fry pan. Have cooling rack and paper towel on hand to drain excess oil.
- Fry until golden and flip once in batches until cooked through. Drain well and serve whilst hot and crunchy on the outside.
- Serve with mayonnaise for dipping, green salad or serve patties in lettuce cups.
- Ensure all wet ingredients are well drained, use paper towel on capers, dill, onions, gherkins, chives if sieve isn’t sufficient.
- Patties refrigerate well if in an airtight container, great for lunch snacks.
- Gluten free
- Grain free, optional
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...