Satay Chicken SkewersJoel Feren
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, chopped, optional
- ½ tsp. cumin, ground
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp. kecap manis
- 600g chicken tenderloins
- 6 scoops vanilla Ensure powder
- In a mixing bowl add Ensure powder, peanut butter, garlic, chilli, cumin, coconut milk, water, soy sauce and kecap manis. Combine ingredients well.
- Set aside half the mixture.
- Place the remaining satay sauce in a large bowl and add chicken and toss to combine. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat BBQ (or griddle pan). Thread marinated tenderloins onto pre-soaked skewers.
- Brush BBQ or pan with peanut oil. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Use remaining satay mixture as a dipping sauce.
Serve alongside Asian greens and basmati rice.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...