Satay Chicken SkewersJoel Feren
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, chopped, optional
- ½ tsp. cumin, ground
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp. kecap manis
- 600g chicken tenderloins
- 6 scoops vanilla Ensure powder
- In a mixing bowl add Ensure powder, peanut butter, garlic, chilli, cumin, coconut milk, water, soy sauce and kecap manis. Combine ingredients well.
- Set aside half the mixture.
- Place the remaining satay sauce in a large bowl and add chicken and toss to combine. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat BBQ (or griddle pan). Thread marinated tenderloins onto pre-soaked skewers.
- Brush BBQ or pan with peanut oil. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Use remaining satay mixture as a dipping sauce.
Serve alongside Asian greens and basmati rice.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...