Seed CrackersElena Duggan
- 50g Sunflower Seeds
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g Sesame Seeds (mixed)
- 50g Poppy Seeds
- 50g Flaxseeds
- 50g Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp salt, additional to sprinkle,
- 250g Water
- For the crackers, preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
- Place all cracker ingredients in a bowl and stir through the water. Allow standing for 15-20 minutes while the chia and flax absorb the water and bind the mixture.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on a lined oven tray, aim for 3mm. They need to be strong enough to hold a topping but still delicate. Sprinkle remaining salt evenly across cracker batter.
- Bake crackers for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cut into desired triangle or square shapes. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Allow cooling and set aside
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Nut free
- Refined sugar free
- Sugar free
- Dairy free
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...