Shakshuka with KaleJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Australian red onion
- Small bunch Australian spring onions
- Small bunch Australian Kale
- 1 Australian red capsicum
- 1 clove Australian garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tin Australian canned diced tomatoes
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian coriander
- Sourdough bread to serve
- Dice onion, capsicum and garlic finely. Slice the white part of the spring onions finely.
- In a non-stick pan place the olive oil and place on the stovetop on a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, spring onions, capsicum and garlic and heat for a couple of minutes, reducing the heat to low, and stir as the onion goes translucent and lightly browns.
- Add cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and stir over low heat for a minute while the aromas release.
- Add the canned tomatoes and stir whilst simmering until the liquid reduces. Stir through the kale, season with salt and pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into two small oven proof ramekins and make a little hollow in each for the egg to sit in.
- Crack the egg on top and bake in the oven on 200°C for about 12 minutes or until the egg starts to set on top but is soft in the middle.
- Roughly chop the fresh herbs, sprinkle over the top and serve with some crusty sourdough bread.
Tip: Keep an eye on the oven as your egg will cook quickly. If you like a hard egg, leave it in the oven a few minutes longer. This dish is the perfect weekend breakfast but also makes for an easy lunch or dinner!
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...