Shakshuka with KaleJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Australian red onion
- Small bunch Australian spring onions
- Small bunch Australian Kale
- 1 Australian red capsicum
- 1 clove Australian garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tin Australian canned diced tomatoes
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian coriander
- Sourdough bread to serve
- Dice onion, capsicum and garlic finely. Slice the white part of the spring onions finely.
- In a non-stick pan place the olive oil and place on the stovetop on a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, spring onions, capsicum and garlic and heat for a couple of minutes, reducing the heat to low, and stir as the onion goes translucent and lightly browns.
- Add cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and stir over low heat for a minute while the aromas release.
- Add the canned tomatoes and stir whilst simmering until the liquid reduces. Stir through the kale, season with salt and pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into two small oven proof ramekins and make a little hollow in each for the egg to sit in.
- Crack the egg on top and bake in the oven on 200°C for about 12 minutes or until the egg starts to set on top but is soft in the middle.
- Roughly chop the fresh herbs, sprinkle over the top and serve with some crusty sourdough bread.
Tip: Keep an eye on the oven as your egg will cook quickly. If you like a hard egg, leave it in the oven a few minutes longer. This dish is the perfect weekend breakfast but also makes for an easy lunch or dinner!
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...