Shakshuka with KaleJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Australian red onion
- Small bunch Australian spring onions
- Small bunch Australian Kale
- 1 Australian red capsicum
- 1 clove Australian garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tin Australian canned diced tomatoes
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian coriander
- Sourdough bread to serve
- Dice onion, capsicum and garlic finely. Slice the white part of the spring onions finely.
- In a non-stick pan place the olive oil and place on the stovetop on a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, spring onions, capsicum and garlic and heat for a couple of minutes, reducing the heat to low, and stir as the onion goes translucent and lightly browns.
- Add cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and stir over low heat for a minute while the aromas release.
- Add the canned tomatoes and stir whilst simmering until the liquid reduces. Stir through the kale, season with salt and pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into two small oven proof ramekins and make a little hollow in each for the egg to sit in.
- Crack the egg on top and bake in the oven on 200°C for about 12 minutes or until the egg starts to set on top but is soft in the middle.
- Roughly chop the fresh herbs, sprinkle over the top and serve with some crusty sourdough bread.
Tip: Keep an eye on the oven as your egg will cook quickly. If you like a hard egg, leave it in the oven a few minutes longer. This dish is the perfect weekend breakfast but also makes for an easy lunch or dinner!
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...