Shakshuka with KaleJemma O'Hanlon
- 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Australian red onion
- Small bunch Australian spring onions
- Small bunch Australian Kale
- 1 Australian red capsicum
- 1 clove Australian garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tin Australian canned diced tomatoes
- Pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh Australian coriander
- Sourdough bread to serve
- Dice onion, capsicum and garlic finely. Slice the white part of the spring onions finely.
- In a non-stick pan place the olive oil and place on the stovetop on a medium to high heat.
- Add onion, spring onions, capsicum and garlic and heat for a couple of minutes, reducing the heat to low, and stir as the onion goes translucent and lightly browns.
- Add cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper and stir over low heat for a minute while the aromas release.
- Add the canned tomatoes and stir whilst simmering until the liquid reduces. Stir through the kale, season with salt and pepper and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into two small oven proof ramekins and make a little hollow in each for the egg to sit in.
- Crack the egg on top and bake in the oven on 200°C for about 12 minutes or until the egg starts to set on top but is soft in the middle.
- Roughly chop the fresh herbs, sprinkle over the top and serve with some crusty sourdough bread.
Tip: Keep an eye on the oven as your egg will cook quickly. If you like a hard egg, leave it in the oven a few minutes longer. This dish is the perfect weekend breakfast but also makes for an easy lunch or dinner!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...