Slow Roasted ChickenKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs (bone in)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 brown onions, quartered then sliced
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
- ½ Litre of stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toss chicken pieces in ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Seal the meat in a hot non-stick pan (skin side down first) and brown chicken pieces
- After about 5 minutes once chicken has started browning, add the chopped onion and remaining paprika and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Turn off and remove from heat
- In a large baking tray, assemble potatoes, peas, tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic, and season again with a pinch of salt, pepper and a generous amount (about half a cup) of olive oil, before mixing all together
- Add the chicken pieces and onion mix to the baking dish and arrange
- Cover with chicken stock
- Cover with baking paper and cook in oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...