Slow Roasted ChickenKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs (bone in)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 brown onions, quartered then sliced
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
- ½ Litre of stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toss chicken pieces in ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Seal the meat in a hot non-stick pan (skin side down first) and brown chicken pieces
- After about 5 minutes once chicken has started browning, add the chopped onion and remaining paprika and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Turn off and remove from heat
- In a large baking tray, assemble potatoes, peas, tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic, and season again with a pinch of salt, pepper and a generous amount (about half a cup) of olive oil, before mixing all together
- Add the chicken pieces and onion mix to the baking dish and arrange
- Cover with chicken stock
- Cover with baking paper and cook in oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...