Slow Roasted ChickenKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs (bone in)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 brown onions, quartered then sliced
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
- ½ Litre of stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toss chicken pieces in ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Seal the meat in a hot non-stick pan (skin side down first) and brown chicken pieces
- After about 5 minutes once chicken has started browning, add the chopped onion and remaining paprika and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Turn off and remove from heat
- In a large baking tray, assemble potatoes, peas, tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic, and season again with a pinch of salt, pepper and a generous amount (about half a cup) of olive oil, before mixing all together
- Add the chicken pieces and onion mix to the baking dish and arrange
- Cover with chicken stock
- Cover with baking paper and cook in oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...