Slow Roasted ChickenKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs (bone in)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 brown onions, quartered then sliced
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
- ½ Litre of stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toss chicken pieces in ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Seal the meat in a hot non-stick pan (skin side down first) and brown chicken pieces
- After about 5 minutes once chicken has started browning, add the chopped onion and remaining paprika and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Turn off and remove from heat
- In a large baking tray, assemble potatoes, peas, tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic, and season again with a pinch of salt, pepper and a generous amount (about half a cup) of olive oil, before mixing all together
- Add the chicken pieces and onion mix to the baking dish and arrange
- Cover with chicken stock
- Cover with baking paper and cook in oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...