Slow Roasted ChickenKathy Tsaples
- 4 chicken Marylands or 6 chicken thighs (bone in)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 brown onions, quartered then sliced
- 1⁄2 kg frozen peas or 1 kg fresh peas
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped; or 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
- ½ Litre of stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toss chicken pieces in ¼ cup olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Seal the meat in a hot non-stick pan (skin side down first) and brown chicken pieces
- After about 5 minutes once chicken has started browning, add the chopped onion and remaining paprika and cook over low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Turn off and remove from heat
- In a large baking tray, assemble potatoes, peas, tomatoes, bay leaves and garlic, and season again with a pinch of salt, pepper and a generous amount (about half a cup) of olive oil, before mixing all together
- Add the chicken pieces and onion mix to the baking dish and arrange
- Cover with chicken stock
- Cover with baking paper and cook in oven for 40 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...