Spaghetti BolognaiseElena Duggan
- 50g Olive Oil
- 250g Pork Mince
- 250g Beef Mince
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Zucchini, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful of fresh thyme and fresh oregano, leaves only
- 150g Beef Stock
- 150g Red Wine
- 700g Passata
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Red Wine Vinegar
- 25-50g Stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet Spaghetti
- Parmesan, finely grated
- Parsley, finely grated
- Heat oil in a large heavy based fry pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook combined mince meat until its about half browned.
- Stir through vegetables, garlic and herbs and cook until softened
- Pour in red wine and using a wooden spoon, dislodge all the flavour sediment at the bottom of the pan.
- Add all other liquid and stir through gently and thoroughly.
- Cook uncovered on a medium simmer for at least 30 minutes, gently stirring to ensure no burning or drying out.
- A low temperature for a longer period of time reaps the best flavour rewards, so give it as much time to richen and thicken as you can.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Season sauce to taste with stevia, salt and pepper.
- Serve bolognese sauce generously over a pile of spaghetti.
- Serve with your favourite tasty or Parmesan cheese, finely chopped parsley – quantity as desired.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...