Spaghetti BolognaiseElena Duggan
- 50g Olive Oil
- 250g Pork Mince
- 250g Beef Mince
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Zucchini, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful of fresh thyme and fresh oregano, leaves only
- 150g Beef Stock
- 150g Red Wine
- 700g Passata
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Red Wine Vinegar
- 25-50g Stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet Spaghetti
- Parmesan, finely grated
- Parsley, finely grated
- Heat oil in a large heavy based fry pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook combined mince meat until its about half browned.
- Stir through vegetables, garlic and herbs and cook until softened
- Pour in red wine and using a wooden spoon, dislodge all the flavour sediment at the bottom of the pan.
- Add all other liquid and stir through gently and thoroughly.
- Cook uncovered on a medium simmer for at least 30 minutes, gently stirring to ensure no burning or drying out.
- A low temperature for a longer period of time reaps the best flavour rewards, so give it as much time to richen and thicken as you can.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Season sauce to taste with stevia, salt and pepper.
- Serve bolognese sauce generously over a pile of spaghetti.
- Serve with your favourite tasty or Parmesan cheese, finely chopped parsley – quantity as desired.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...