Spaghetti BolognaiseElena Duggan
- 50g Olive Oil
- 250g Pork Mince
- 250g Beef Mince
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Zucchini, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Handful of fresh thyme and fresh oregano, leaves only
- 150g Beef Stock
- 150g Red Wine
- 700g Passata
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Red Wine Vinegar
- 25-50g Stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet Spaghetti
- Parmesan, finely grated
- Parsley, finely grated
- Heat oil in a large heavy based fry pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook combined mince meat until its about half browned.
- Stir through vegetables, garlic and herbs and cook until softened
- Pour in red wine and using a wooden spoon, dislodge all the flavour sediment at the bottom of the pan.
- Add all other liquid and stir through gently and thoroughly.
- Cook uncovered on a medium simmer for at least 30 minutes, gently stirring to ensure no burning or drying out.
- A low temperature for a longer period of time reaps the best flavour rewards, so give it as much time to richen and thicken as you can.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Season sauce to taste with stevia, salt and pepper.
- Serve bolognese sauce generously over a pile of spaghetti.
- Serve with your favourite tasty or Parmesan cheese, finely chopped parsley – quantity as desired.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...