Spring Greens SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Asparagus, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 250g Green beans, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 150g Broad beans, frozen (if fresh, double shelled)
- 150g Green peas
- 150g Snow pieces, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Baby spinach and or rocket
- 100g EVOO
- 20g Sesame oil
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice plus zest
- 25g Stevia, optional
- 1 long red chili, finely diced
- 25g White and black sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Prepare a large bowl of iced water and bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In batches of each ingredient, blanch and refresh in iced water then drain well, asparagus, beans, peas, and snow peas. Timing will range from 30seconds to 3 minutes, watch for colour change to vibrant green, don’t cook for any longer as vegetables may become soggy and mushy – they should retain some crunch.
- While the vegetables are draining thoroughly, prepare the dressing. In a jug, thoroughly combine all ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- In a large bowl or on a presentation plate, layer each of the greens so that the final layer a bit of everything is visible. Drizzle dressing over salad and loosely toss to allow salad to be coated and gain glossiness.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation of good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a whole avocado to the dressing for a greener, good fat rich option.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...