Spring Greens SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Asparagus, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 250g Green beans, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 150g Broad beans, frozen (if fresh, double shelled)
- 150g Green peas
- 150g Snow pieces, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Baby spinach and or rocket
- 100g EVOO
- 20g Sesame oil
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice plus zest
- 25g Stevia, optional
- 1 long red chili, finely diced
- 25g White and black sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Prepare a large bowl of iced water and bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In batches of each ingredient, blanch and refresh in iced water then drain well, asparagus, beans, peas, and snow peas. Timing will range from 30seconds to 3 minutes, watch for colour change to vibrant green, don’t cook for any longer as vegetables may become soggy and mushy – they should retain some crunch.
- While the vegetables are draining thoroughly, prepare the dressing. In a jug, thoroughly combine all ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- In a large bowl or on a presentation plate, layer each of the greens so that the final layer a bit of everything is visible. Drizzle dressing over salad and loosely toss to allow salad to be coated and gain glossiness.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation of good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a whole avocado to the dressing for a greener, good fat rich option.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 100g glass noodles (bean thread vermicelli) 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler 4 spring onions, thinly sliced on diagonal 2 eschalots, thinly sliced 1 cup coriander sprigs 1 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs 1-2 small red chillies,...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...