Spring Greens SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Asparagus, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 250g Green beans, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 150g Broad beans, frozen (if fresh, double shelled)
- 150g Green peas
- 150g Snow pieces, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Baby spinach and or rocket
- 100g EVOO
- 20g Sesame oil
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice plus zest
- 25g Stevia, optional
- 1 long red chili, finely diced
- 25g White and black sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Prepare a large bowl of iced water and bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In batches of each ingredient, blanch and refresh in iced water then drain well, asparagus, beans, peas, and snow peas. Timing will range from 30seconds to 3 minutes, watch for colour change to vibrant green, don’t cook for any longer as vegetables may become soggy and mushy – they should retain some crunch.
- While the vegetables are draining thoroughly, prepare the dressing. In a jug, thoroughly combine all ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- In a large bowl or on a presentation plate, layer each of the greens so that the final layer a bit of everything is visible. Drizzle dressing over salad and loosely toss to allow salad to be coated and gain glossiness.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation of good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a whole avocado to the dressing for a greener, good fat rich option.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...