Spring Greens SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Asparagus, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 250g Green beans, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 150g Broad beans, frozen (if fresh, double shelled)
- 150g Green peas
- 150g Snow pieces, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Baby spinach and or rocket
- 100g EVOO
- 20g Sesame oil
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice plus zest
- 25g Stevia, optional
- 1 long red chili, finely diced
- 25g White and black sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Prepare a large bowl of iced water and bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In batches of each ingredient, blanch and refresh in iced water then drain well, asparagus, beans, peas, and snow peas. Timing will range from 30seconds to 3 minutes, watch for colour change to vibrant green, don’t cook for any longer as vegetables may become soggy and mushy – they should retain some crunch.
- While the vegetables are draining thoroughly, prepare the dressing. In a jug, thoroughly combine all ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- In a large bowl or on a presentation plate, layer each of the greens so that the final layer a bit of everything is visible. Drizzle dressing over salad and loosely toss to allow salad to be coated and gain glossiness.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation of good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a whole avocado to the dressing for a greener, good fat rich option.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...