Spring Greens SaladElena Duggan
- 250g Asparagus, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 250g Green beans, sliced on an angle into 10cm pieces
- 150g Broad beans, frozen (if fresh, double shelled)
- 150g Green peas
- 150g Snow pieces, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Spring onions, finely sliced on an angle
- 50g Baby spinach and or rocket
- 100g EVOO
- 20g Sesame oil
- 2 lemons/ 50g Lemon juice plus zest
- 25g Stevia, optional
- 1 long red chili, finely diced
- 25g White and black sesame seeds, toasted and cooled
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Leave out any vegetable you’re not a fan of and replace with one you like or increase quantity of your favourites.
- Prepare a large bowl of iced water and bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- In batches of each ingredient, blanch and refresh in iced water then drain well, asparagus, beans, peas, and snow peas. Timing will range from 30seconds to 3 minutes, watch for colour change to vibrant green, don’t cook for any longer as vegetables may become soggy and mushy – they should retain some crunch.
- While the vegetables are draining thoroughly, prepare the dressing. In a jug, thoroughly combine all ingredients and adjust seasonings to taste.
- In a large bowl or on a presentation plate, layer each of the greens so that the final layer a bit of everything is visible. Drizzle dressing over salad and loosely toss to allow salad to be coated and gain glossiness.
- You can add meat or vegetarian proteins if you wish increase nutrient density and satiation of good fats and protein.
- Feel free to make this dish your own, depending on the season, with your favourite greens.
- Add a whole avocado to the dressing for a greener, good fat rich option.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Low Fructose / Minimal sugar
- Keto Friendly
- Dairy free
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...