Sticky Eggplant with Sake, Miso and SesameTobie Puttock
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup miso paste
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake
- White sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant flesh about 1cm apart. Rub the olive oil over the entire surface of the eggplants and place flesh side down onto a baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, bring together the miso paste, mirin, sugar, sake in a small saucepan and gently heat while stirring for a couple of minutes to combine all the ingredients.
- Once the eggplant is cooked remove the tray form the oven, turn the eggplant over so the flesh side is now facing up and brush the flesh generously with the miso mixture.
- Place the tray back into the oven until the sauce starts to caramelize slightly.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top and serve.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...