Sticky Eggplant with Sake, Miso and SesameTobie Puttock
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup miso paste
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake
- White sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant flesh about 1cm apart. Rub the olive oil over the entire surface of the eggplants and place flesh side down onto a baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, bring together the miso paste, mirin, sugar, sake in a small saucepan and gently heat while stirring for a couple of minutes to combine all the ingredients.
- Once the eggplant is cooked remove the tray form the oven, turn the eggplant over so the flesh side is now facing up and brush the flesh generously with the miso mixture.
- Place the tray back into the oven until the sauce starts to caramelize slightly.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top and serve.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...