Sticky Eggplant with Sake, Miso and SesameTobie Puttock
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup miso paste
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake
- White sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant flesh about 1cm apart. Rub the olive oil over the entire surface of the eggplants and place flesh side down onto a baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, bring together the miso paste, mirin, sugar, sake in a small saucepan and gently heat while stirring for a couple of minutes to combine all the ingredients.
- Once the eggplant is cooked remove the tray form the oven, turn the eggplant over so the flesh side is now facing up and brush the flesh generously with the miso mixture.
- Place the tray back into the oven until the sauce starts to caramelize slightly.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top and serve.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...