Sticky Eggplant with Sake, Miso and SesameTobie Puttock
- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup miso paste
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake
- White sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant flesh about 1cm apart. Rub the olive oil over the entire surface of the eggplants and place flesh side down onto a baking tray and cook in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, bring together the miso paste, mirin, sugar, sake in a small saucepan and gently heat while stirring for a couple of minutes to combine all the ingredients.
- Once the eggplant is cooked remove the tray form the oven, turn the eggplant over so the flesh side is now facing up and brush the flesh generously with the miso mixture.
- Place the tray back into the oven until the sauce starts to caramelize slightly.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top and serve.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...