Sweet and Sticky Seafood SaladKhanh Ong
- 12 large green prawns, local and sustainable, peeled and deveined (reserve shells for a soup base)
- 1 squid tube, cleaned and cut into strips
- 12 scallops
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 lge Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bunch basil, leaves only, some reserved
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only, some reserved
- Murray River salt, to taste
Sweet and Sticky Sauce
- 100g our homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
- 25g Squid Fish sauce
- 2 long red chillies, sliced on an angle
- 3 Spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, drizzle approx. 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chili, spring onions, zest and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant and softened. Add chili sauce and heat until starting to thicken, add honey, remove from heat..
- Cut and tear tomatoes to different sizes and shapes and place on the base of a platter followed by herbs and avocado.
- Heat griddle pan to a high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over prepared seafood and toss through.
- Place seafood allowing gaps to avoid stewing on the griddle pan, thickest pieces first, most likely the prawns, followed by squid and then scallops. Cook for approximately 1-3minutes flipping once, or until just opaque.
- While warm, toss seafood through the chili and fish sauce before placing on top of your arranged salad. Leave some gaps so that every colour in the salad is visible.
- Garnish with reserved herb leaves as desired.
- Seafood can be barbecued outdoors if facilities allow.
- Firm white fish could be substituted for seafood listed, or all could be prawns if preferred.
- Use your homemade sweet chili sauce for a lower fructose alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...