Sweet and Sticky Seafood SaladKhanh Ong
- 12 large green prawns, local and sustainable, peeled and deveined (reserve shells for a soup base)
- 1 squid tube, cleaned and cut into strips
- 12 scallops
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 lge Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bunch basil, leaves only, some reserved
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only, some reserved
- Murray River salt, to taste
Sweet and Sticky Sauce
- 100g our homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
- 25g Squid Fish sauce
- 2 long red chillies, sliced on an angle
- 3 Spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, drizzle approx. 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chili, spring onions, zest and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant and softened. Add chili sauce and heat until starting to thicken, add honey, remove from heat..
- Cut and tear tomatoes to different sizes and shapes and place on the base of a platter followed by herbs and avocado.
- Heat griddle pan to a high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over prepared seafood and toss through.
- Place seafood allowing gaps to avoid stewing on the griddle pan, thickest pieces first, most likely the prawns, followed by squid and then scallops. Cook for approximately 1-3minutes flipping once, or until just opaque.
- While warm, toss seafood through the chili and fish sauce before placing on top of your arranged salad. Leave some gaps so that every colour in the salad is visible.
- Garnish with reserved herb leaves as desired.
- Seafood can be barbecued outdoors if facilities allow.
- Firm white fish could be substituted for seafood listed, or all could be prawns if preferred.
- Use your homemade sweet chili sauce for a lower fructose alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...