Sweet and Sticky Seafood SaladKhanh Ong
- 12 large green prawns, local and sustainable, peeled and deveined (reserve shells for a soup base)
- 1 squid tube, cleaned and cut into strips
- 12 scallops
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 lge Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bunch basil, leaves only, some reserved
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only, some reserved
- Murray River salt, to taste
Sweet and Sticky Sauce
- 100g our homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
- 25g Squid Fish sauce
- 2 long red chillies, sliced on an angle
- 3 Spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, drizzle approx. 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chili, spring onions, zest and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant and softened. Add chili sauce and heat until starting to thicken, add honey, remove from heat..
- Cut and tear tomatoes to different sizes and shapes and place on the base of a platter followed by herbs and avocado.
- Heat griddle pan to a high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over prepared seafood and toss through.
- Place seafood allowing gaps to avoid stewing on the griddle pan, thickest pieces first, most likely the prawns, followed by squid and then scallops. Cook for approximately 1-3minutes flipping once, or until just opaque.
- While warm, toss seafood through the chili and fish sauce before placing on top of your arranged salad. Leave some gaps so that every colour in the salad is visible.
- Garnish with reserved herb leaves as desired.
- Seafood can be barbecued outdoors if facilities allow.
- Firm white fish could be substituted for seafood listed, or all could be prawns if preferred.
- Use your homemade sweet chili sauce for a lower fructose alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...