Sweet and Sticky Seafood SaladKhanh Ong
- 12 large green prawns, local and sustainable, peeled and deveined (reserve shells for a soup base)
- 1 squid tube, cleaned and cut into strips
- 12 scallops
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 lge Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bunch basil, leaves only, some reserved
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only, some reserved
- Murray River salt, to taste
Sweet and Sticky Sauce
- 100g our homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
- 25g Squid Fish sauce
- 2 long red chillies, sliced on an angle
- 3 Spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, drizzle approx. 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chili, spring onions, zest and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant and softened. Add chili sauce and heat until starting to thicken, add honey, remove from heat..
- Cut and tear tomatoes to different sizes and shapes and place on the base of a platter followed by herbs and avocado.
- Heat griddle pan to a high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over prepared seafood and toss through.
- Place seafood allowing gaps to avoid stewing on the griddle pan, thickest pieces first, most likely the prawns, followed by squid and then scallops. Cook for approximately 1-3minutes flipping once, or until just opaque.
- While warm, toss seafood through the chili and fish sauce before placing on top of your arranged salad. Leave some gaps so that every colour in the salad is visible.
- Garnish with reserved herb leaves as desired.
- Seafood can be barbecued outdoors if facilities allow.
- Firm white fish could be substituted for seafood listed, or all could be prawns if preferred.
- Use your homemade sweet chili sauce for a lower fructose alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...