Sweet and Sticky Seafood SaladKhanh Ong
- 12 large green prawns, local and sustainable, peeled and deveined (reserve shells for a soup base)
- 1 squid tube, cleaned and cut into strips
- 12 scallops
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 lge Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 punnet mixed colour cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bunch basil, leaves only, some reserved
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only, some reserved
- Murray River salt, to taste
Sweet and Sticky Sauce
- 100g our homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
- 25g Squid Fish sauce
- 2 long red chillies, sliced on an angle
- 3 Spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- Pre heat a griddle pan over high heat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, drizzle approx. 1 tbsp olive oil. Add chili, spring onions, zest and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant and softened. Add chili sauce and heat until starting to thicken, add honey, remove from heat..
- Cut and tear tomatoes to different sizes and shapes and place on the base of a platter followed by herbs and avocado.
- Heat griddle pan to a high heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over prepared seafood and toss through.
- Place seafood allowing gaps to avoid stewing on the griddle pan, thickest pieces first, most likely the prawns, followed by squid and then scallops. Cook for approximately 1-3minutes flipping once, or until just opaque.
- While warm, toss seafood through the chili and fish sauce before placing on top of your arranged salad. Leave some gaps so that every colour in the salad is visible.
- Garnish with reserved herb leaves as desired.
- Seafood can be barbecued outdoors if facilities allow.
- Firm white fish could be substituted for seafood listed, or all could be prawns if preferred.
- Use your homemade sweet chili sauce for a lower fructose alternative.
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Nut free
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...