Sweet Potato SoupSimone Austin
- 6 scoops Ensure Vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped
- 3 cups peeled, sweet potato cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large brown onion chopped finely
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Peel and cut the sweet potato and carrots.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and sauté in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until soft and slightly brown in a large saucepan.
- Add in 2 cloves of chopped fresh garlic and cook for a minute
- Add the sweet potato and carrots and then the chicken stock.
- Simmer until vegetables are cooked. Add the thyme and nutmeg.
- Mix 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder in about 100ml of water and mix into a paste.
- When the soup is nearly cooked stir through the soup.
- Cool the soup a little and blend until smooth
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...