Sweet Potato SubsElena Duggan
- 4 x 250g Sweet potatoes, well cleaned
- 2 x 50g EVOO
- 500g Cauliflower, riced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 x 400g can Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Tamari
- 25g Stevia
- 10g Smoked Paprika
- 10g Garlic powder
- 10g Onion powder
- 5g Thyme, dried
- 10g Vegan stock powder in 250g boiling water
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Parsley leaves, finely chopped – to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using 50g of EVOO, oil and season sweet potatoes, place on an oven tray and roast for up to 45minutes or until crispy on the outside, starting to collapse and cooked through – use a fork to test there’s no yield. Thicker items will take longer than skinny.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the mince. Heat the remaining EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan.
- Stir-fry the cauliflower, onion, celery, and carrot until thoroughly softened, and starting to caramelise or for approximately 5minutes.
- Add mushrooms, lentils and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add paste, tamari, stevia, paprika, garlic, onion, thyme and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add stock and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until liquid is reduced to sticky gravy.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven and carefully slice into the length of each potato.
- Serve each on plate, and pinch to open the split. Generously spoon over mince and serve with parsley.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Sugar free/ low fructose
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...