Sweet Potato SubsElena Duggan
- 4 x 250g Sweet potatoes, well cleaned
- 2 x 50g EVOO
- 500g Cauliflower, riced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 x 400g can Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Tamari
- 25g Stevia
- 10g Smoked Paprika
- 10g Garlic powder
- 10g Onion powder
- 5g Thyme, dried
- 10g Vegan stock powder in 250g boiling water
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Parsley leaves, finely chopped – to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using 50g of EVOO, oil and season sweet potatoes, place on an oven tray and roast for up to 45minutes or until crispy on the outside, starting to collapse and cooked through – use a fork to test there’s no yield. Thicker items will take longer than skinny.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the mince. Heat the remaining EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan.
- Stir-fry the cauliflower, onion, celery, and carrot until thoroughly softened, and starting to caramelise or for approximately 5minutes.
- Add mushrooms, lentils and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add paste, tamari, stevia, paprika, garlic, onion, thyme and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add stock and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until liquid is reduced to sticky gravy.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven and carefully slice into the length of each potato.
- Serve each on plate, and pinch to open the split. Generously spoon over mince and serve with parsley.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Sugar free/ low fructose
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...