Sweet Potato SubsElena Duggan
- 4 x 250g Sweet potatoes, well cleaned
- 2 x 50g EVOO
- 500g Cauliflower, riced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 x 400g can Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Tamari
- 25g Stevia
- 10g Smoked Paprika
- 10g Garlic powder
- 10g Onion powder
- 5g Thyme, dried
- 10g Vegan stock powder in 250g boiling water
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Parsley leaves, finely chopped – to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using 50g of EVOO, oil and season sweet potatoes, place on an oven tray and roast for up to 45minutes or until crispy on the outside, starting to collapse and cooked through – use a fork to test there’s no yield. Thicker items will take longer than skinny.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the mince. Heat the remaining EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan.
- Stir-fry the cauliflower, onion, celery, and carrot until thoroughly softened, and starting to caramelise or for approximately 5minutes.
- Add mushrooms, lentils and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add paste, tamari, stevia, paprika, garlic, onion, thyme and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add stock and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until liquid is reduced to sticky gravy.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven and carefully slice into the length of each potato.
- Serve each on plate, and pinch to open the split. Generously spoon over mince and serve with parsley.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Sugar free/ low fructose
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...