Sweet Potato SubsElena Duggan
- 4 x 250g Sweet potatoes, well cleaned
- 2 x 50g EVOO
- 500g Cauliflower, riced
- 100g Onion, finely diced
- 100g Celery, finely diced
- 100g Carrot, finely diced
- 100g Mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 x 400g can Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 50g Tomato paste
- 50g Tamari
- 25g Stevia
- 10g Smoked Paprika
- 10g Garlic powder
- 10g Onion powder
- 5g Thyme, dried
- 10g Vegan stock powder in 250g boiling water
- White pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Parsley leaves, finely chopped – to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180° Celsius.
- Using 50g of EVOO, oil and season sweet potatoes, place on an oven tray and roast for up to 45minutes or until crispy on the outside, starting to collapse and cooked through – use a fork to test there’s no yield. Thicker items will take longer than skinny.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare the mince. Heat the remaining EVOO in a large non-stick fry pan.
- Stir-fry the cauliflower, onion, celery, and carrot until thoroughly softened, and starting to caramelise or for approximately 5minutes.
- Add mushrooms, lentils and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add paste, tamari, stevia, paprika, garlic, onion, thyme and stir-fry for additional 2-3minutes.
- Add stock and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until liquid is reduced to sticky gravy.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven and carefully slice into the length of each potato.
- Serve each on plate, and pinch to open the split. Generously spoon over mince and serve with parsley.
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Sugar free/ low fructose
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...