Sweet & Sour Chicken with BroccoliniMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh
- 6 chicken thighs, skin off
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 100g corn flour
For the Sauce
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 broccoli stalk, diced
- 100g caster sugar
- 200ml white wine vinegar
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- Preheat oven at 180*C.
- Heat your oil in a solid based frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dust your chicken thighs in corn flour and season with salt.
- Fry off gently in the oil starting skin side down. Once turned over, place on an oven tray and finish in the oven for about 12 minutes or until cooked.
- Saute the onion. Once it starts to soften, add in your capsicum, garlic, broccolini and sautee off until cooked.
- Add in your tomato paste and slightly brown off before adding your vinegar, sugar and soy sauce. Bring to the boil and reduce by a 1/3 before adding in your chicken. Serve with some jasmine rice.