Thai Beef SaladLaura Sharrad & Mod
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 150g beef steak
- 1 tsp lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3-4 tbsp lemon / lime juice
- 1⁄2-1 tsp dried chillies
- 2 tbsp toasted rice (coarsely grounded)
- 10 mint leaves (roughly torn)
- 1 coriander plant (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 small red onion (finely sliced)
- 1⁄2 Lebanese cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 5 cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- Marinade beef with lemongrass, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it sit for 30 mins.
- Grill or sear beef to medium rare, or according to your liking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice and dried chillies. Slice beef thinly and add into the bowl. Mix with ground rice. Toss in other salad ingredients and dressing. Mix well. Taste test and adjust taste to personal liking.