Thai Curry PasteElena Duggan
- 5 Coriander Seeds
- 5 Cumin Seeds
- 5 White Peppercorns
- 6 green bird’s eye chilies
- 3 long green chilies
- 2 lemongrass stems
- 2 tbsp fresh galangal, chopped
- 10 Asian shallots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 coriander roots
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp Shrimp paste
- 25g Stevia
- 1 lime, zest and juice of
- 50ml Coconut oil (as needed)
- Shrimp paste, salt or other salty product
- Wrap shrimp paste in alfoil.
- In a pan oven low heat, roast shrimp paste in the alfoil and seeds until fragrant.
- Break up the seeds in a mortar and pestle
- Place all dry ingredients into a high-powered food processor and blitz
- add in lime juice and coconut oil until desired consistency is achieved. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Reserve 150g for next step and freeze the rest in a sealed jar.
This recipe makes approximately 300 grams. Try this with our Thai Green Curry recipe!
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...