Thai Curry PasteElena Duggan
- 5 Coriander Seeds
- 5 Cumin Seeds
- 5 White Peppercorns
- 6 green bird’s eye chilies
- 3 long green chilies
- 2 lemongrass stems
- 2 tbsp fresh galangal, chopped
- 10 Asian shallots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 coriander roots
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp Shrimp paste
- 25g Stevia
- 1 lime, zest and juice of
- 50ml Coconut oil (as needed)
- Shrimp paste, salt or other salty product
- Wrap shrimp paste in alfoil.
- In a pan oven low heat, roast shrimp paste in the alfoil and seeds until fragrant.
- Break up the seeds in a mortar and pestle
- Place all dry ingredients into a high-powered food processor and blitz
- add in lime juice and coconut oil until desired consistency is achieved. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Reserve 150g for next step and freeze the rest in a sealed jar.
This recipe makes approximately 300 grams. Try this with our Thai Green Curry recipe!
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...