Thai Green CurryElena Duggan
- 150g Thai Curry Paste
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut cream
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut milk
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 80ml Squid Brand fish sauce
- 12 large green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 long green chilies
- 10 Italian eggplant (or Apple Eggplant and Thai Pea Eggplant, if you can find them!), cut in different shapes
- 12 Sweet Thai Basil Leaves
- 6 Kaffir limes leaves, shredded
- 50g Grape seed oil
- 2 Long green chilies, finely sliced on a diagonal
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Mint Sweet Thai basil leaves
- You can totally swap out the prawns for up to 500g Free range, organic chicken breast- or your favourite tofu and additional vegetables if you’d prefer zero animal products.
- For the vegans, replace prawns as above and, you can leave out the shrimp paste and fish sauce, and besides the obvious flavour difference, the paste and final curry will need replacement seasoning, you could happily use your favourite mineral rich salt.
- I’ve used stevia so this is a low-fructose meal, however you could use palm or coconut sugar if you wished.
- Over a medium heat in a large pot, heat the curry paste until fragrant, constantly stirring.
- Deglaze with coconut cream and coconut milk dislodge any flavour sediment from the bottom. Stir thoroughly, and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- In another large heavy based fry pan, heat the oil over medium to high.
- Toss through eggplant, until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Toss through prawns until just opaque on the outside.
- Stir through, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour green curry sauce all over eggplant and prawns and serve.
- Fry the kaffir lime shreds in the grapeseed oil until crispy and fragrant.
- Generously pile all garnish over the top of your green curried eggplant and prawns.
- Turmeric is super good for you for a long list of reasons, but it does ‘muddy’ the colour of this otherwise super vibrant and popping green curry paste – if you don’t like the colour, you may consider leaving it out.
- Buy fresh green prawns which are as local to you as possible, the species may vary, they’ll be fresher and left less of an impact on the environment because they didn’t have to travel.
- If you’ve got excess of any of the paste ingredients, go to town, make double or triple the amount if you wish – it freezes really well in jars for later.
- Leftover paste can also be used for a chunky dip by blitzing 150g almonds, cashews or macadamias through it or used as a warm or cold salad dressing by loosening and blitzing through additional liquid coconut oil and lime juice until desired consistency is achieved.
- I’ve chosen not to serve this dish with rice, maintaining it’s grain free, paleo and keto status, however you could serve it with your favourite rice or even cauliflower rice if you did so choose.
- Ketogenic Friendly
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...