Thai Green CurryElena Duggan
- 150g Thai Curry Paste
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut cream
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut milk
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 80ml Squid Brand fish sauce
- 12 large green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 long green chilies
- 10 Italian eggplant (or Apple Eggplant and Thai Pea Eggplant, if you can find them!), cut in different shapes
- 12 Sweet Thai Basil Leaves
- 6 Kaffir limes leaves, shredded
- 50g Grape seed oil
- 2 Long green chilies, finely sliced on a diagonal
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Mint Sweet Thai basil leaves
- You can totally swap out the prawns for up to 500g Free range, organic chicken breast- or your favourite tofu and additional vegetables if you’d prefer zero animal products.
- For the vegans, replace prawns as above and, you can leave out the shrimp paste and fish sauce, and besides the obvious flavour difference, the paste and final curry will need replacement seasoning, you could happily use your favourite mineral rich salt.
- I’ve used stevia so this is a low-fructose meal, however you could use palm or coconut sugar if you wished.
- Over a medium heat in a large pot, heat the curry paste until fragrant, constantly stirring.
- Deglaze with coconut cream and coconut milk dislodge any flavour sediment from the bottom. Stir thoroughly, and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- In another large heavy based fry pan, heat the oil over medium to high.
- Toss through eggplant, until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Toss through prawns until just opaque on the outside.
- Stir through, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour green curry sauce all over eggplant and prawns and serve.
- Fry the kaffir lime shreds in the grapeseed oil until crispy and fragrant.
- Generously pile all garnish over the top of your green curried eggplant and prawns.
- Turmeric is super good for you for a long list of reasons, but it does ‘muddy’ the colour of this otherwise super vibrant and popping green curry paste – if you don’t like the colour, you may consider leaving it out.
- Buy fresh green prawns which are as local to you as possible, the species may vary, they’ll be fresher and left less of an impact on the environment because they didn’t have to travel.
- If you’ve got excess of any of the paste ingredients, go to town, make double or triple the amount if you wish – it freezes really well in jars for later.
- Leftover paste can also be used for a chunky dip by blitzing 150g almonds, cashews or macadamias through it or used as a warm or cold salad dressing by loosening and blitzing through additional liquid coconut oil and lime juice until desired consistency is achieved.
- I’ve chosen not to serve this dish with rice, maintaining it’s grain free, paleo and keto status, however you could serve it with your favourite rice or even cauliflower rice if you did so choose.
- Ketogenic Friendly
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...