Thai Green CurryElena Duggan
- 150g Thai Curry Paste
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut cream
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut milk
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 80ml Squid Brand fish sauce
- 12 large green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 long green chilies
- 10 Italian eggplant (or Apple Eggplant and Thai Pea Eggplant, if you can find them!), cut in different shapes
- 12 Sweet Thai Basil Leaves
- 6 Kaffir limes leaves, shredded
- 50g Grape seed oil
- 2 Long green chilies, finely sliced on a diagonal
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Mint Sweet Thai basil leaves
- You can totally swap out the prawns for up to 500g Free range, organic chicken breast- or your favourite tofu and additional vegetables if you’d prefer zero animal products.
- For the vegans, replace prawns as above and, you can leave out the shrimp paste and fish sauce, and besides the obvious flavour difference, the paste and final curry will need replacement seasoning, you could happily use your favourite mineral rich salt.
- I’ve used stevia so this is a low-fructose meal, however you could use palm or coconut sugar if you wished.
- Over a medium heat in a large pot, heat the curry paste until fragrant, constantly stirring.
- Deglaze with coconut cream and coconut milk dislodge any flavour sediment from the bottom. Stir thoroughly, and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- In another large heavy based fry pan, heat the oil over medium to high.
- Toss through eggplant, until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Toss through prawns until just opaque on the outside.
- Stir through, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour green curry sauce all over eggplant and prawns and serve.
- Fry the kaffir lime shreds in the grapeseed oil until crispy and fragrant.
- Generously pile all garnish over the top of your green curried eggplant and prawns.
- Turmeric is super good for you for a long list of reasons, but it does ‘muddy’ the colour of this otherwise super vibrant and popping green curry paste – if you don’t like the colour, you may consider leaving it out.
- Buy fresh green prawns which are as local to you as possible, the species may vary, they’ll be fresher and left less of an impact on the environment because they didn’t have to travel.
- If you’ve got excess of any of the paste ingredients, go to town, make double or triple the amount if you wish – it freezes really well in jars for later.
- Leftover paste can also be used for a chunky dip by blitzing 150g almonds, cashews or macadamias through it or used as a warm or cold salad dressing by loosening and blitzing through additional liquid coconut oil and lime juice until desired consistency is achieved.
- I’ve chosen not to serve this dish with rice, maintaining it’s grain free, paleo and keto status, however you could serve it with your favourite rice or even cauliflower rice if you did so choose.
- Ketogenic Friendly
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...