Thai Green CurryElena Duggan
- 150g Thai Curry Paste
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut cream
- 400ml TCC Premium coconut milk
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 80ml Squid Brand fish sauce
- 12 large green prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 long green chilies
- 10 Italian eggplant (or Apple Eggplant and Thai Pea Eggplant, if you can find them!), cut in different shapes
- 12 Sweet Thai Basil Leaves
- 6 Kaffir limes leaves, shredded
- 50g Grape seed oil
- 2 Long green chilies, finely sliced on a diagonal
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Mint Sweet Thai basil leaves
- You can totally swap out the prawns for up to 500g Free range, organic chicken breast- or your favourite tofu and additional vegetables if you’d prefer zero animal products.
- For the vegans, replace prawns as above and, you can leave out the shrimp paste and fish sauce, and besides the obvious flavour difference, the paste and final curry will need replacement seasoning, you could happily use your favourite mineral rich salt.
- I’ve used stevia so this is a low-fructose meal, however you could use palm or coconut sugar if you wished.
- Over a medium heat in a large pot, heat the curry paste until fragrant, constantly stirring.
- Deglaze with coconut cream and coconut milk dislodge any flavour sediment from the bottom. Stir thoroughly, and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- In another large heavy based fry pan, heat the oil over medium to high.
- Toss through eggplant, until slightly browned and fragrant.
- Toss through prawns until just opaque on the outside.
- Stir through, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Pour green curry sauce all over eggplant and prawns and serve.
- Fry the kaffir lime shreds in the grapeseed oil until crispy and fragrant.
- Generously pile all garnish over the top of your green curried eggplant and prawns.
- Turmeric is super good for you for a long list of reasons, but it does ‘muddy’ the colour of this otherwise super vibrant and popping green curry paste – if you don’t like the colour, you may consider leaving it out.
- Buy fresh green prawns which are as local to you as possible, the species may vary, they’ll be fresher and left less of an impact on the environment because they didn’t have to travel.
- If you’ve got excess of any of the paste ingredients, go to town, make double or triple the amount if you wish – it freezes really well in jars for later.
- Leftover paste can also be used for a chunky dip by blitzing 150g almonds, cashews or macadamias through it or used as a warm or cold salad dressing by loosening and blitzing through additional liquid coconut oil and lime juice until desired consistency is achieved.
- I’ve chosen not to serve this dish with rice, maintaining it’s grain free, paleo and keto status, however you could serve it with your favourite rice or even cauliflower rice if you did so choose.
- Ketogenic Friendly
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...