Tonkotsu Fu RamenLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Ingredients for Noodles
- 1 pack Hakubaku Organic Ramen Noodles
Ingredients for Soup
- 900ml water
- 12g chicken powder
- 100g pork fat (roughly cut)
- 80g white miso paste
Ingredients for Toppings
- Beni Shoga (red pickled ginger)
- Bamboo pickles
- Pork slices
- Soft boiled egg (halved)
- Spring onion (sliced)
- Pickled Kikurage (wood ear mushrooms; sliced)
- Blend all soup ingredients in a blender. Bring to soup mix to boil in a pot.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 15-20 mins.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cook Hakubaku Organic Ramen Noodle by following the instructions on the package. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Heat the soup in a pot to boiling temperature, ladle over the noodles.
- Top with pork slices, bamboo pickles, egg, wood ear mushrooms and garnish with spring onion and red pickled ginger.